About This power kit ...

Tóni-Portugues

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone.

First of all, wilt introduce myself: My name is Toni and I'm Portuguese, I have a Yamaha FZ6 S2 2007 and hope to learn much in this forum...

I was wondering please, if you have any of your riding on his FZ6 S2 This power kit: +15BHP Power Mod/Chip Yamaha R1 YZF R6 FZ6 | eBay

Or this: D-BOOST PERFORMANCE CHIP Yamaha FZ1 FZ6 Fazer S2 FZ6R | eBay

To know please if it is worth installing one of these kits and power which is the maximum horsepower that can win?

My Moto is a FZ6 S2 2007 and is all original, with no change.
But I'm thinking of mounting an air filter K & N performance and also some Iridium plugs, when they procure one of these mounting kits.

I'm more interresado mounting the PowerUP, it is easier to install and is much cheaper.

To know if these kits also do not ruin the engine of our bikes, later or sooner?

I hope for your information.

And I apologize for my English, but had to use the Google translator from Portuguese to English.

Thank you.

And Best Wishes for All.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say that is absolute BS and waste of money. The only way to see gains via electronic approach on this bike is to install a piggy-back computer which lets you adjust fuel mixture map (as in Power Commander)... and ideally it still needs to be run on dyno to find best setting.
Mixture can actually be adjusted on these bikes via speedometer buttons .. don't ask me how to do it, but I know there are several threads on this forum that walk you through it.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1st, Welcome to the Forum!

2nd, I do not know for a fact, but the claims are B.S. imo, 15-35 HP increase for that little money?

Many members on here have installed PC III, new exhaust, dyno tuned and are gaining 3-7 Hp increase max... and have spent hundreds to do so,

I'd steer clear unless you find someone to prove otherwise...

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
That is just a resistor that gets placed inline with the IAT sensor, in an effort to fool it into thinking that it's seeing a different temperature. By doing that, the motorcycle's computer will adjust the amount of fuel going in, based on the temperature the sensor "sees". All that company did was crank out an adjustable, or variable, resistor. Does it work? Sort of. It doesn't work correctly is the problem. It sets the resistance to one level, and the IAT sensor will see ONE air intake temperature at all times(not good). So, the computer will tune itself accordingly. With the air intake temp being different than what's being "seen" by the sensor, you could end up with not enough, or too much fuel. Not enough fuel for too long, and your engine is toast! Too much fuel, and you'll get worse performance, poor mileage, and even fouled plugs to name a few. It will damage your engine, probably sooner than later.

Basically, those things are JUNK. And, even worse, they are overpriced junk! For $150, you're getting MAYBE, $2.00 worth of parts! And you'll see little to no gain in performance, with lots of risk to your FZ! Furthermore, that "adjustable" resistor doesn't even look adjustable. lol It looks like they just glued in the components, without even connecting them to a board! I'll bet the wires *might* actually go to a resistor, and maybe even the LED works. But the rest looks like a joke. Don't buy it! You can get get a used exhaust for a bit more, and have a small, but proven gain.

Last edited:

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
No, save your money. These are crap...

You can, however, adjust your co settings via the console, on your bike. This means that if you run with an aftermarket exhaust and/or air filter, you may need to slightly increase the values for c1 and c2. Since you have an European fz6, like I do, these settings are unlocked for us and free to use without any modifications.

There is a wonderful thread somewhere in here how to adjust the settings of air / fuel mix ratio.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you have a way to check the a/f ratio I would not go randomly changing the values or using untested settings from someone that posted them up.

Buy a wideband a/f sensor or go to a dyno. Otherwise you are just randomly changing values and your a/f ratios with no way of knowing what they are.

Tóni-Portugues

Reaction score
Visit site
And OK Thanks for your answers and information.

I will then withdraw from the purchase of any kit air to the maximum damage the engine of my FZ6 S2.

I'll let it be all original as it was always because they think it will be the only way to prolong the most out of our engines FZ6, right?

Just curious if anyone knows or has experienced the +15 BHP
Power Mod / Chip Yamaha R1 YZF R6 FZ6, please tell me your experience with this power chip, it was happy or not at all.

Greetings to all.:thumbup:

Tóni-Portugues

Reaction score
Visit site
This was the answer he gave me the manufacturer of PowerUP: Hello,
no the Power Module will not damage your engine and fitting instructions are included with the item. It connects to the inlet air temperature sensor on the engine.
Unless we fit the product ourselves then there is no guarantee given. We've sold over 25,000 units worldwide over the last 7 years and there is no evidence to suggest that they can damage any part of a bike in any way at all when fitted correctly.

What do you think, should I venture into PowerUP experience to know what is the power it will give, or I shall not experimental, because I will be liable to damage the engine power immediately ?

Because if that vereficar PowerIP serves no purpose, I will immediately tiralo.

Greetings.

Last edited:

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the sensor are low voltage (0-5V) so from factory those sensor are calibrated. .8V=0*C 3.0V=20*C (example) So what those thing does it change the output voltage via a resistor. You can probably do it yourself with few pennies at Radio Shack.

I have one of those magic black box on my cage. It does make a little difference. I don't think it will work on a high performance bike. Get a real fuel controller... Much easier to plug your laptop.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to this great forum and motorcycle. I bought one of these chips for my Toyota truck and they do not work worth a darn. No better gas mileage or horse power. They are a joke. Get a PCIII or PCV for the best bang for your buck. They are expensive but worth every penny. At least that's what I was led to believe. I will be getting one as my winter mod to my 07 FZ6 to compliment my Leo Vince exhaust. RIDE SAFE AND ENJOY THE RIDE.

Tóni-Portugues

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the sensor are low voltage (0-5V) so from factory those sensor are calibrated. .8V=0*C 3.0V=20*C (example) So what those thing does it change the output voltage via a resistor. You can probably do it yourself with few pennies at Radio Shack.

I have one of those magic black box on my cage. It does make a little difference. I don't think it will work on a high performance bike. Get a real fuel controller... Much easier to plug your laptop.

Thanks also for your openião.

I ask you, what is the power chip you have installed on your FZ6, it is the PowerUP and if you are happy with their benefits and how much horsepower you won?

And what do you think I buy the PowerUP to experimental in my FZ6 S2, does not have any problems he could see the damage the bike from Moto?

Greetings.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't even bother "experimenting." It's just a scam that can do more harm to your bike than good.

If you want that big of an increase in horsepower, the only way to get it is to move up to an FZ1.

-Nick

Tóni-Portugues

Reaction score
Visit site
O.K. And Thanks for your answers.

I'll forget about me once and for all of these kits power and let my FZ6 S2 as it is, every source.
For thus can prolong the maximum engine life, right ?

I do not even know wilt more power, because as it comes very easily to 240km/h, is enough for me.
And the faster I got so far was 253km /h.

What was the maximum speed given by your FZ6 S2 ?

Greetings to All.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine to 138mph before I ran out of road. Took two miles to get up there though. Probably get a little more out of it if when I sync my throttle bodies.