ABC News wants to use one of my youtube videos!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So when are you riding down here again? We should organize an "FZ6-Forum ACH run" soon... would you be down for that?

Yes, this is a stretch that I want to put down on my resume. I've done Palomar, Big Bear, Topanga & Malibu. Set one up a major FZ6-Forum meet up down the road, I'll be there. Make sure it's planned well down the road so everybody can make plans.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, this is a stretch that I want to put down on my resume. I've done Palomar, Big Bear, Topanga & Malibu. Set one up a major FZ6-Forum meet up down the road, I'll be there. Make sure it's planned well down the road so everybody can make plans.

Wow, you've done all the best except for ACH... and Ojai too (#33 off Ventura)... I shall set something up for this summer...

So Pete from ABC News called me a few minutes ago and will send a courier today to pick up the DVD... I also included all the pics taken that day, as well as a couple of other ACH rides, including one of my crashes caught on video lol... let's see what they use!

He mentioned that the News piece will air in primetime, one of the nights of the NBA finals with the Lakers playing... it will be part of Nightline (whatever that is)... He will call me to confirm the exact date and time, and get me a copy :)

I cant wait! More soon...

wpgibson

Reaction score
Visit site
Nightline sounds like its national exposure, not just the local Cali affiliates.

Maybe use East-coasters will be able to see it too.

I'm hoping for the some of the crash video to make it into the edits.. that was wicked to see when you posted it last year.. or was it the year before?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
That's awesome David... perhaps you have a new career in the making.:thumbup:

See you Sunday for the ride up to Oso's.:rockon:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
ok guys, here it is!!!

Just got the following email from ABC News:

Looks like tonight is the night this piece is going to be broadcast.

Nightline is on at 11:35 in LA on channel 7.

Thanks to everyone of you for helping me with this. Your videos are great!

Hope you enjoy the story. And if you want me to burn you a DVD just email me with a mailing address.

I'm going on vacation for two weeks so I probably won't get them out until I return.

Best,
Peter Imber
ABC News

There are 6ppl copied on the email, so it will be interesting to see what other videos made it...

I'll ask Peter for a DVD copy since I have no way to record my tv... then I'll put it on youtube and claim my famousness!!! :rof:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well....I just watched NightLine....it really didn't put sportbikes in a favorable light. At one point they refered to riders as "questionable characters" WTH?!?!

Anyway David....I did recognize your video! :cheer:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my DVR set for you David, in case you miss it tonight or just want to re-watch it later.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well....I just watched NightLine....it really didn't put sportbikes in a favorable light. At one point they refered to riders as "questionable characters" WTH?!?!

Anyway David....I did recognize your video! :cheer:

gotta watch those media type's, they love telling you they are doing a feel good story to get you to help, only to produce a sensationalist load of bollocks!

:eek: