600m Service-Did they ever find anything wrong?

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Having changed my own oil at 600 miles and having already surpassed over 1200 miles I am likely not going to bother with taking the bike in for the "official" 600 mile service. In the past I have taken all my new bikes in for this.

I know that some dealers can and will give you crap if you didn't do it and show up for warranty work. I have pretty much performed all the checks listed in the manual so I am not too worried about it. And, having already owned an FZ6 before, I know how reliable they are and am not concerned with having any issues that would require warranty service within the year of coverage.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had the dealer find anything on their bike that was just really out of spec when taking your bike in for the first service that could have been an issue had you not brought it in or checked it yourself? The first service, when you think about, is really a cash cow for dealers as it is really nothing more than a CYA situation in case they screwed up the final assembly.

Last edited:

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
I did the first 'service' myself too.

It was the first time I've skipped the official service on all the 'bikes and cars I've owned...

I'm sure it really is just a cash cow if the bike was given its PDI properly...

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to agree with you. The only thing I can think of would be notification of any recalls. But, you should be able to get that with a phone call or from the forum.
Enjoy the new ride!