5 hrs of surfing

Slater

Reaction score
Visit site
5hrs of surfing the web for the answers i need and nothing
need to change my springs and cant find witch ones i need
looking threw forms but way to much crud to go thew so many post on same things and all the post ive read dont give the answers i need even called yamaha and thay said what i have is good till i told him about the preload im getting he said he would have to call me back and that was 4 hrs ago
dont know crap about bikes and am about to just give up and sell the dam thing

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There's a company called Racetech (sp?) I believe they have a set-up where they match spring for preload etc. to your weight. This include oil weight you need. Shouldn't be hard to find this info unless I'm mistaken as to what it is you're looking for. In addition I know someone on this forum has posted these change outs. As well you should be able to find rear shock replacements.
These modifications aren't for beginners so get a bud to help out if you decide to tackle this yourself.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL - why don't you make a post about what your setup is. how much do you weigh, what kind of riding do you want to do, how much sag are you measuring, what have you done to change the stock preload levels, are you having issues with front or rear suspension, etc. etc. etc. :spank:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a Ohlin rear shock and front springs. There is two types of springs for the front. -80 and -85. I was told the 80 is for a 200# person and the 85 for 225#+. I can't wait for them. It was $134.00 delivered for the front springs and $817.00 for the rear delivered. Depending on your weight you can just get rid of the stock oil with some good stuff and that will make a difference. If you are 200#+ you might want to get both springs. :rockon:

Slater

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL - why don't you make a post about what your setup is. how much do you weigh, what kind of riding do you want to do, how much sag are you measuring, what have you done to change the stock preload levels, are you having issues with front or rear suspension, etc. etc. etc. :spank:

i am 222lbs i have not changed anything yet trying to find out what i need to change do not know how to measure sag, im sure the trouble is coming from the front. took it in to yamaha and was told thats how the bike comes they were no help at all thats why i came to you guys :banghead:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If your that keen to change your spring rate then a little reading is essential. This topic has been pretty much done to death on this forum. So I do empathies with your frustration. The google search function on this site is also excellent.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/sear...&cof=FORID:9&q=race+tech+front+suspension#963

Good luck

PS check out the posts by Defynertia, Hellgate, bikerdude and Kumaj. Incidentally Kumaj has only a small number of post and his info is top class. He even went as far as to create adjustable pre-load.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I just ordered a Ohlin rear shock and front springs. There is two types of springs for the front. -80 and -85. I was told the 80 is for a 200# person and the 85 for 225#+. I can't wait for them. It was $134.00 delivered for the front springs and $817.00 for the rear delivered. Depending on your weight you can just get rid of the stock oil with some good stuff and that will make a difference. If you are 200#+ you might want to get both springs. :rockon:

You'll love the difference. Easily good for 10 MPH more in any corner you can think of, just because the bike is so much more stable....

I went with a .9Kg spring, and thought that was perfect. In gear, I weighed ~220 on the bike. Sag at both ends was in the 20 cm range as I recall.... and I had the rear Ohlins set up 10 mm 'high' compared to stock.

Worlds better.