40 Thousand

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice weather here in Vic at the moment.
Ok, the 40,000km service, had it done yesterday.
4 plugs, brake fluid changed and the valves were checked.
$300 (I provided the spark plugs)

Peter Stevens rocks (in Geelong anyway)
All valves in spec, $150 labour to check them.
Mechanic didn't put the hoses back properly after lifting the tank but quickly fixed it when I pointed it out to them.

Yamaha rocks too. ok, I had them checked. Next time I ride at 150kph I will feel more at ease that the inlets and exhausts are doing their job.

Unreal.
Rumps

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
IF i stay at this job for another year my bike could be on 74,000miles / 122,000kms before its thrid birthday:(... im going to kill it before its 3 let alone its first MOT

kill it with 122,000k's are you kidding? that engine will keep on going, give it regular servicing and you would have no trouble with that engine!

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine has reached just 50000kms and it's running perfectly fine, completely happy with my black naked beast, still running on the stock rear break pads and using the stock sprockets and chain, still plenty of life on those gearing components, and I haven't necessarily babied it, it has been ridden pretty hard in spirited rides, but also in slow peace in touring mode, ridden rain or shine, ridden off road, ridden in heavy traffic but I consider myself fastidious regarding chaing cleaning and lubing jeje. no valves checked yet according to my mechanic and his experience no checking needed yet since the engine sounds perfectly ok, not a single drop of oil consumed, steering bearings checked and lubed every 20000kms and both times they were perfect, running on stock battery and always starts inmediately, still stock wheels bearings and they look just like new, not a single electrical problem, just the high beam led indicator stopped working but thanks to one of our forum fellas I located and fixed the problem - a matter of joining again a couple of cables -
still using the clutch and both throttle cables, recently checked and they are intact in terms of integrity, of course I have had to adjust them a couple of times but that's normal of course

p1020722r.jpg

ins't she beauty?? :D

p1020653r.jpg

the white one is in the family as well, my sister and husband bike, that one is about to reach 40000kms and perfectly fine as well, in mechanical/electrical terms just like mine and ridden the same way and under the same conditions, also an even more fastidious owner than me :D

p1020693r.jpg

yep, my family loves the naked fizzers :D:D

Cheers.

Last edited:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Noice!!! I'm trying to get the missus to upgrade her scooter to a FZ6R since she wants a bike now, but wants something with a proper fairing (can't understand why personally).
She wants a 250, but I'm trying to get her to look a bit more widely, the weight difference between most 250s and the 600s isn't exactly huge!
There are some amazingly priced second hand FZ6's around too!

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Convince her of getting the naked xj6 instead :D, it will book better next to your naked FZ6

btw I forgot to mention both FZ6 on my family are 2 and half years young!, both 2008 abs models, mine bought on december 2008, the white one bought a couple of months later.