4 Sale 2

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
Just lost my license for speeding for 6 months. need to pay 1700 dollar fine so the fazer is going on the market. Anyone in sydney knows someone looking let me know. 2008 cobalt blue fazer 17000 kms.looks like i'm going to be:mikebike:

what an idiot!

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Just lost my license for speeding for 6 months. need to pay 1700 dollar fine so the fazer is going on the market. Anyone in sydney knows someone looking let me know. 2008 cobalt blue fazer 17000 kms.looks like i'm going to be:mikebike:

what an idiot!

:squid: ............... JK :D

It happens... haven't gotten one on the bike yet but I know sometimes when no one is around and the right song is playing it is difficult not to twist that throttle open. How much over the limit were you going, must have been alot for a fine like that? I know my ticket will end up being 50 in a 30 or something like that ..... love the back roads. High speeds on highway or interstates does nothing for me personally, wish I never had to ride the bike on those boring stretches of blacktop.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes that sucks!
Just as a suggestion if you don't want to lose the bike try and sell some of your mods? A few would probably come close to that, and you can go back to stock till your riding again, just what I'd do anyway!

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
:squid: ............... JK :D

It happens... haven't gotten one on the bike yet but I know sometimes when no one is around and the right song is playing it is difficult not to twist that throttle open. How much over the limit were you going, must have been alot for a fine like that? I know my ticket will end up being 50 in a 30 or something like that ..... love the back roads. High speeds on highway or interstates does nothing for me personally, wish I never had to ride the bike on those boring stretches of blacktop.

179 in a 100 zone. overtaking cages that couldn't seem to get past 70.:(

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd slowed down for some road works further up the road and it wasn't till they caught up to me that I knew I'd been pinged. Unmarked car.

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
heathcote rd lucas heights. prob gonna strip out the 2 brothers and powers commander and sell separately if you're interested. on the bright side by time I get my license back there should be some firm info on the fz8!Upgrade time!(already been looking at fz1's and cb1000r)

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that mate. I've been living in fear myself for 6 months. Only six to go. Then all my points back.

179 in 100 zone......phew. I was gonna ask Did you try the "busting for number twos" line?...lol...but at that speed it's game over straight away...no sense of humour at all.

FZ1 FTW...lol....I'm probably biased:D

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site

what an idiot!

Oh man thats gotta hurt :( 6 months & 1700 sheckles......... ouch

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Youch! I think we all have a fear of getting pinged doing speeds like that!!! Your lucky your not in Victoria....they probably would of shot you, and then hung you from one of those lovely road safety signs!!!

pity you have to sell....all that dosh you have spent on mods!

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
179 in a 100 zone. overtaking cages that couldn't seem to get past 70.:(
try and sell those mods!!!!
like the exhaust, belly pan etc.
I personally have done 7000 kms in 5 months and only about 400km on the freeways. I choose the country roads and rarely pass any cars. Lets face it, the radar guns used by police only work on straight stretches of road, so fang it in the twistys and stay cool on the straight.
Just my opinion as a heavy throttle hand will lose all our licences and gaining common sense doesn't come easy with a bike that has the amazing power of the FZ6.
Hang tough!

Bailey;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
try and sell those mods!!!!
like the exhaust, belly pan etc.
I personally have done 7000 kms in 5 months and only about 400km on the freeways. I choose the country roads and rarely pass any cars. Lets face it, the radar guns used by police only work on straight stretches of road, so fang it in the twistys and stay cool on the straight.
Just my opinion as a heavy throttle hand will lose all our licences and gaining common sense doesn't come easy with a bike that has the amazing power of the FZ6.
Hang tough!

Bailey;)

That's pretty much the way we TRY to do things on our Sports Rides....low speed, tight corners are best, as you can generally go pretty hard, and keep under, or close to the speed limit anyway.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Youch! I think we all have a fear of getting pinged doing speeds like that!!! Your lucky your not in Victoria....they probably would of shot you, and then hung you from one of those lovely road safety signs!!!

pity you have to sell....all that dosh you have spent on mods!

I'm suprised normally in NSW first they pull you through court to show 'normal' citizens what a demonic child eating motorcyclist you are, followed by several attempts by lobby groups to have the death sentenced reinstated and motorcycles banned, before finally the judge realises he can't go too far, because someone with an IQ over 10 might start making noise, at which point you get a fine, lose your license, and then the police in anger shoot you and hang you from a speeding camera, or if your really lucky they put your head on a speeding camera to disguise it so they can get more money, and donate your body to one of the lobby groups to find out the ill effects of motorcycle riding.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
heathcote rd lucas heights. prob gonna strip out the 2 brothers and powers commander and sell separately if you're interested. on the bright side by time I get my license back there should be some firm info on the fz8!Upgrade time!(already been looking at fz1's and cb1000r)

No coin for mods at the moment,but thanks anyway.

Stay intouch dude & if theres no fz8 by the time you get your licence back I'd go the fz1 ;)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OUCH! You don't need lectures so I won't give you one.

Try all you can to keep the bike - sell your playstation or something, just keep the bike.

You'll always regret selling it.

Look out next time and keep safe!

:spank:

wayneborn1976

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dantow, sorry to hear about your licence dude, that would suck!!!
You were saying you would seperate your FZ6 and sell the two bros pipes, what are you asking for the pipes? i live in holsworthy near liverpool, if you are still interested let me know i will get them off you, 0410074788
cheers