2013 Yamaha FZ8 First Look

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
For 2013 Yamaha has updated its FZ8 with an upgraded suspension package for better performance.

More...

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
like a doll, but that exhaust is killing me :shakehead:.. I would purchase one in second only if they've projected under seat exhaust grrrrrrrrrrrr damn you Yamaha, why, whyyyy :banghead::banghead::banghead:

TCLeics

Reaction score
Visit site
like a doll, but that exhaust is killing me :shakehead:.. I would purchase one in second only if they've projected under seat exhaust grrrrrrrrrrrr damn you Yamaha, why, whyyyy :banghead::banghead::banghead:

My thoughts exactley!

Bought the FZ6 cos of the underseat twin exhaust, seems a backwards move to wack it on the side again.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Side pipes have advantages, better exhaust flow, cheaper to build, don't get in the way of suspension parts and don't warm up the seat.

I like underseat also but the new 8 look pretty sweet the exhaust doesn't bother me any.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
My issue is the single headlight. I always loved the dual headlight look. The under seat exhaust is nice too, but I really like the look of dual head lights. :(

I'm not sure if this is true or not but someone once told me that manufactures were going back to single light because other drivers were confused by 2 headlights at night. Seem they would think the two lights were from a car that was much further away and pull out in front of bike.

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
The front adjustable suspension is like a kick in the face to those that purchased the older model. Is there a huge price differerence on the new model

RustyBasterd

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the side exhaust. One of my biggest complaints about my FZ6 is how much aftermarket exhausts cost because of the FAKE! dual look.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting, never have been excited about the FZ8; heavier & not much quicker. The adjustable suspension and better FI should have been there from the start. Went by the dealer yesterday and looked at some used bikes. They had a Triumph Street Tripple - very sweet bike. Lighter than the FZ6, little bit more power. I sat on it an it was so much lighter feeling then the FZ6 - I want one.

Love the FZ6 for what it is - a naked/half faired sport bike that is a very versatile bike. The Street Tripple is very close in concept to the FZ6.