2010 Kilometres

My mileage on the Yamaha FZ6 this year (under the Milky Way!)

• Armchair rider (under 5,000 km)

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Tourer (between 5,000 and 10,000 km)

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Bike lover (between 10,000 and 15,000 km)

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Legend (over 15,000 km)

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I travel more than I mod. This year is nearly over, how far have you travelled on your Yamaha this year in our big, brown land?
or....
Do you mostly spend time on the net thinking about it?
I did 90 km this morning on a country road going to work which made me think about the Fazer. I averaged 120 kph as it is a back road. I also realised how reliable this bike is compared to my other rides. How modern the suspension is and how great it works at 120 kph.
I have a copuple of cars and some other road bikes but up to now, I have done 13,000 km this year.
Lets see what other Aussies are doing.

I also saw on the news a bike fatality in the Adelaide Hills and one in Vico yesterday. ride safe folks.
Cheers

Last edited:

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm at 11k for this year so far, and the riding season has only just begun here :thumbup:

I don't think I'll get to 15k this year though, so I voted 10-15. But will make the effort anyway.

Mac.

:aus:

andysadd

Reaction score
Visit site
My total is a rather sad 423 miles :( poor thing has been in storage most of this year

Oops sorry gents just saw this was the Aussie thread please don't tell me off :)

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
14200km's spread over both my FZ6's so far, and i will do a lot more riding before the year is done, now the sun is permanently out! But overall a bit lower this year, as i avoided riding in the rain over winter...and i did'nt do anywhere near as much touring as i would of liked this year...last year i did 27000km's on the bike!!!

I am waiting for the "king of the road" himself, Ozzieboy to post!!! He won the mileage comp for the whole forum last year, and only rode for 7 months!!!

And i ride as much as i can, but with 2 kids, who i am in sole care of half the week, i dont get the chance to ride as often as i like...

And i ride as much as i mod by the looks of it!!! :D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've not quite had my FZ1 for a year and clocked over 30000km so far. I've actually tried to cut down this year. I've cut down around 10,000kms.

That's 80,000km in 26months.

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Just clicked over to 9,000km.
Hasn't been bad at all considering an 'incident' this march (bike being repaired due to a two car/one bike air hockey match. A week off while repairs to both body and bike), and a whole lot of commuting, rain, hail, shine. Loving it! :thumbup:

A college of mine commutes just over 160km (round trip) each day. Owned the bike (Not an fz6 - not worth mentioning) close to 3months and has raked up just over 11,000km. Mucho respect!:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My total is a rather sad 423 miles :( poor thing has been in storage most of this year

Oops sorry gents just saw this was the Aussie thread please don't tell me off :)

Do you mean don't tell you off for your "oops", or for only riding your bike 423 miles?:BLAA:...lol...poor bike:(:eyebrow::justkidding:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you guys suck

i'd like to see you lot put up even a quarter of that number in a place you only get 2 months of nice weather, 4 months of kinda ****ty weather, and 6 months of unrideable weather.

I almost hit 15k km under those constraints.

If I lived somewhere I could ride all year I'd have 100k a year no troubles!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you guys suck

i'd like to see you lot put up even a quarter of that number in a place you only get 2 months of nice weather, 4 months of kinda ****ty weather, and 6 months of unrideable weather.

I almost hit 15k km under those constraints.

If I lived somewhere I could ride all year I'd have 100k a year no troubles!

Humpy's door is always open to you Lone :thumbup: :D

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: Now that you mention it :D

If you take the clown she has now out of the picture she's all yours ;)

Done!

And to prevent any hurt feelings we can do a Weekend At Bernie's type thing and have him give her a big story about how he's joining the Navy and never coming back.

She'll never know!!