2009 weight contest

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was 225, dropped to 185, went back up to 205, I have been watching my portions, exercising over the past couple of months and I am back to 190. My goal is 175 to 180. I am 5'11". Good Luck everybody!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was 180 lbs, 81 kg. Peeking last year (the heaviest I have ever been) I am only 5'6" and that was way to big. None of my clothes fitted and I got out of breath going up stairs.
I didn't really try to do anything about it until two months ago supporting my wife on her diet (she has lost 48.5lbs, 22kg, in two months).
I did not make any major changes to my lifestyle apart from not drinking red wine in the week and just having a few at the weekend.
I am 70.5kg, 155 lbs now and aim to get down to 69kg, 151 lbs .

Old weight 81 kg, 180 lbs.
Current weight 75 kg, 165 lbs.
Target weight 69.8 kg, 154 lbs.

Total loss to date 7 kg, 19.4 lbs.

Good luck everyone:cheer::thumbup:

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Current = 230 lbs
09 Goal = 199 or less

The Doc says I should weigh under 160? I told him to go lay an egg. In my best cut/lean shape ever (exiting the U.S. Army and running 5 miles a day) I was 178 with a 28" waist. I'll be really happy to break that 200 barrier. Since going over 200 years ago, the lowest I ever got back to was 212. That was a struggle....

I think 5 lbs a month is a great goal for 6 months... slow enough to take off.

Good luck to everyone here! Any loss is an achievement so even if you don't reach your goal, feel good that you've gotten closer!

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Current weight: 82 kg / 180.4 lbs
Goal weight: 86 kg / 189.2 lbs

That's right. I want to gain 4 kg. However 4 kg in pure muscle:) I have a high metabolism so it's a lot harder for me to gain muscle than lose fat so it's gonna be tough.. Might be fun to compare how much I can gain to how much you guys lose...:)

+1 on that,- except im from 80 to 84 ......
Must be a Scandinavian thing :)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm now 100Kg's (thats approx 220lbs), I'm 182cm's (just under 6"). I hope to loose some weight.

I got a Wii for my birthday and I hope this will help me to achive my objective. Let me explain: About 7 years ago I used to play squash a couple of times a week, occasionally tennis and in the summer months I was very active in the local (navy) sailing club.
shortly after this we moved and our first child was born, anyway to cut a long story short I stopped doing sport all together.
About 4 years ago I tried to start doing some sports again, only to be continually plagued by back troubles, mainly muscular problems. I've since tried jogging and playing tennis but it doesn't take long before I get problems with my back again (and this is a right pain when you want to ride).
I'm hoping that the Wii will help me build up my lower back strength to a level that I can start doing more sport again.
The Wii fit also weighs you and using height data it calculates your ideal weight and tells you how overweight you are, anyway I was shocked to find that I'm "obese", OK I'm just over the "overweight" catagory but still :eek:

As I said at the beginning I hope to loose some weight, I'll be avoiding too much sweet stuff (sweets, fizzy pop, sugar on cereals), sauces, large portions and snacks after 8PM but I'm more interested in building my lower back strength as this is the key to the rest of my getting fit (and in doing so loosing weight) in 2009 :thumbup:.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on that,- except im from 80 to 84 ......
Must be a Scandinavian thing :)

You can get your naked photo on for the girlies to judge as well.

And if I see you at touring camp throwing the beers down you mouth, you will be in for it. :spank:

Steve

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm now 100Kg's (thats approx 220lbs), I'm 182cm's (just under 6\"). I hope to loose some weight.

I got a Wii for my birthday and I hope this will help me to achive my objective. Let me explain: About 7 years ago I used to play squash a couple of times a week, occasionally tennis and in the summer months I was very active in the local (navy) sailing club.
shortly after this we moved and our first child was born, anyway to cut a long story short I stopped doing sport all together.
About 4 years ago I tried to start doing some sports again, only to be continually plagued by back troubles, mainly muscular problems. I've since tried jogging and playing tennis but it doesn't take long before I get problems with my back again (and this is a right pain when you want to ride).
I'm hoping that the Wii will help me build up my lower back strength to a level that I can start doing more sport again.
The Wii fit also weighs you and using height data it calculates your ideal weight and tells you how overweight you are, anyway I was shocked to find that I'm \"obese\", OK I'm just over the \"overweight\" catagory but still :eek:

As I said at the beginning I hope to loose some weight, I'll be avoiding too much sweet stuff (sweets, fizzy pop, sugar on cereals), sauces, large portions and snacks after 8PM but I'm more interested in building my lower back strength as this is the key to the rest of my getting fit (and in doing so loosing weight) in 2009 :thumbup:.
Hi Martin,
My wife got me a Wii, the boxing game gets you sweating like a good un.
It is defo a calorie burner.

Nelly

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a couple of add ons to this.

1) There is no time limit to this but it would be nice to see month by month progress.

2)If you have any simple tips please add them to the thread.

3) Help to keep the thread going by visiting it and telling us how you are doing.

Tip: Search "A Body For Life" and look at the reciepies. There may be something you can use on there.

Steve

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm currently hovering around 200 lbs. I'd like to get to 180 by summer and then down to 175 and hold that.

I'm a junkfood junkie and have a major sweet tooth, so this will be a war of mind of appetite :eek:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished training for today :) Lifted weights and did a bit of stretching. Forgot to mention that I also have as a goal to be able to do splits (both ways) by this summer. I've been close but now I'm a little too stiff again, and agility is very important in wushu (kungfu).

How's it going for you guys?:)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my simple tip Steve.

"Don't bend your elbows when you have food in your hands." ;)

jfz6

Not Here Enough
Premium Member
Reaction score
web.mac.com
Current Weight: 281
My Goal Weight: 210

I have a lot of weight to lose. I am glad to see this thread. My girlfriend and I both decided to make some lifestyle changes and her company she works for is having a contest for whomever loses the most in 4 months wins $1000 bucks!!!!!

Now I have another good incentive to lose weight.
J.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, I'm in.

Current: 140
Goal: 132

I know it doesn't sound like much, but at 5'5", 8 pounds is more difficult to hide than for taller folks.

I've gained most of that 8 pounds in the last couple of months. I ran a 1/2 marathon in October and was in good shape but stopped running to heal after the race and got lazy and never got back into a workout routine. I was used to burning a lot of calories so I was eating a lot. After the race, I didn't adjust my eating back down even though I was working out a lot less. Time to get back into a workout routine!