2009 FZ6-Which seat did you get?

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
The website and most reviews mention the new seat on the FZ6. All the 2009 FZ's I saw at my dealer had the old style.

Is this one of those specifications are subject to change things or did I get the wrong seat?

NEW STYLE:
2009_FZ6.jpg

OLD STYLE:
NV54024_1.jpg

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
This was quite a puzzle at first.....every review of the 2009 FZ6 mentioned that it now came OEM with the Comfort Seat. However, every 2009 that I looked at had the "old" seat, both in Canada and the US.
Some pretty serious miscommunication between the Yamaha advertising dept, the press and their dealers.
I think the demo bikes given out to the press probably had the Comfort Seat installed. It's still an Accessory for the 09 FZ6, just like previous years.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine came with the "old" seat. I have found that a pair of padded bicycle shorts make it much more comfortable for a longer ride (> 1 hour)

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
But are you really buying a 2009 bike, or just an unregistered 2008? Might explain why. We've had the new seat in the UK for a while, my 2008 certainly has it, although it does make my rear end numb after a couple of hours in the seat.

I doubt that's any real improvement on the earlier seat that you guys have?

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
I called Yamaha customer relations and they were pretty clueless. I think this is a case of "specifications subject to change".

Called a couple of random Yamaha dealers and asked about the seat and all their '09 inventory has the "old" seat. I suspect it may have been their intent, but then they decided to axe the FZ from the US lineup and changed their minds on the seat.

I notice that all the owner pics that happen to have that seat are all non US/Canada bikes.

Bummer!:(

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

08 Model with the 'new' seat!

Ahhh I feel so superior with my white FZ6-N :p

I doubt there is any real difference though to be honest, its a good seat, but I still use a gel seat on top for long rides, it makes a huge difference.

I'm going to go cower from the flames of angry FZ6ians who got the old seat now~!

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought my '09 (stealthy black.... very, very sneaky) in August. It has the new comfort seat on it. It has a very smooth, rounded look to it with small pocks all over it. It is described as a gel seat. Very comfortable. :thumbup: