2008 FZ6 stuff for sale

Who bough the TS seat Dennis? Thanks!!

MoMs is a cool place! :thumbup:

Thats good to hear because the ride i am going on in June is 4000 km over 10 days. Last year i did a 2000 km trip on my vmax, my butt was sore and i basically stopped at every gas station lol.

I did :) I have been looking for a long time too !

Glad you replied -- wasn't sure if you wanted to go public :D.

I just got an email from the ebay person (I emailed him last night) and it said that the seat shipped -- so hopefully next few days it will show up.

edit: just got an email that it will show up maybe Monday or Tuesday (Apr 5-6). Not sure how accurate but probably good ballpark.

Dennis

Last edited:
edit: just got an email that it will show up maybe Monday or Tuesday (Apr 5-6). Not sure how accurate but probably good ballpark.

Guess what showed up from the UPS guy about 1 hour ago? :D I need to deliver the OEM seat to the dealer and I'll box up the Top Saddlery seat and get it ready for shipment.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

You did some serious miles with the FZ6. It sounds pretty sweet and I am looking forward to getting to know it. The seat would be nice- hoping to pick up this weekend at MOM South, assuming that they get it down there. Otherwise, I'll get it in Manchester...

I'd love to know what mods you did... lowering, sliders, rear spring...oh, and the seat :thumbup:

DrM

Hi Dennis,

You did some serious miles with the FZ6. It sounds pretty sweet and I am looking forward to getting to know it. The seat would be nice- hoping to pick up this weekend at MOM South, assuming that they get it down there. Otherwise, I'll get it in Manchester...

I'd love to know what mods you did... lowering, sliders, rear spring...oh, and the seat :thumbup:

DrM

So how'd you trace the bike back to me? :D was it because it was so spotless and only a therapy needing clean freak like me would be the owner?

I hope they wash it before delivery -- I only had 1 good wash/wax a week before trading it. I then blasted around with it for a few hours and it got dusty -- that was my last ride and all I did at that point was use my California duster brush on the tank.

I PM'ed you but:

FE, sliders, Puig race screen, EBC HH up front, 15wt fork oil, 200 (maybe 300) mile old BT-016 up front, secret switch to activate dual headlight mod, rear Hyper Pro spring, Luck Irish peg inserts, 15T front sprocket (I'd recommend speedohealer which I kept), fisheye addon to mirrors (which I can not find lately for my new bike grrr. $3 but highly useful).

I kept the center stand :D.

Did they get you a new rear tire?

Dennis

the blue on *your* (my!) rims. That and the location. Once I did some digging, I found a post where you mentioned the mileage... bingo.

I think that they provided a "new" tire... slightly used but still in good shape.

dual headlight mod- that was going to be my first mod! dude!!! too funny. i will look for it...

Whats speedohealer? FE?

-Fran

This is awesome! I can still trace *my* bike to the owner now! :D Congrats Fran! It used to be my FZ6 and I traded it in. Dennis bought it from the stealer in Concord and modded it even more. Nice!!

Fran, here is my original thread when the bike was new and the mods were started.... hope this helps!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3974-08-mods-complete.html

And here is the thread where I linked to the dealer and we all sold Dennis on getting there to make an offer on the bike. :thumbup:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/17242-sold-2008-fz6-sale.html

That gives you more history to couple with Dennis' threads about what he has done with the bike since he took ownership.

fellas,

thats good stuff.

sooo.... what kinda oil should i use? ;)

just kidding. amazing to see this bike move to a 3rd gen owner. i'll do my best to keep you all informed.

Dennis kept the renowned seat, so i will have to settle for the stocker and a dream. But the bike is really in great shape. I dont know that I can match the mileage, but I will sure as hell try. Been riding for 12 years, but this is my first street bike. Ive enjoyed a Shadow and a KLR, so this is a change of pace. literally, i am sure.

I was thinking of putting SS lines in, new shoes and a voltmeter. Lets see how long it takes before the lore of the TS wakes me at 3am and I place an order.

thanks guys... its great to see the story go on

-F

I got the tire removed from the rear wheel for sale; it only cost $10 and about 10 minutes so no big deal.

Anyway, the wheel is still on sale (feel free to make an offer if you think $240 is just too much). If you're a track person, having an extra wheel with tire makes it easy to go to the track with a good track tire and keep your street tires intact -- that's what I was going to do.

I hope to sell it here; if not, it's off to ebay.

Thanks,

Dennis

Original post updated and only one more thing for sale: the rear wheel.

I'm going to take that blue stripe off to make it more generic.

Dennis

Back