2 Crappy pics after paint.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
After procrastinating for over 3 months to take the bike apart and paint it, I finally bit the bullet this week as riding season begins in a month.

Only spent about 5 hours total (teardown, prep, paint and reassembly) Cant believe I didnt just do it earlier.

Once its nice enough out, and I get the rest of my mods (smoked windscreen, white rim tape instead of blue and FZ1 bars. Also painting all silver pieces matte black) ill bust out some pictures in the mountains with it.

Painted using Sikkens autowave LB9A (VW Candy White) and Sikkens Superior 250 clearcoat.

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
LOVE THE WHITE!!!!! I hope it wasn't as dusty as it looks where you painted the bike. Your engine, seat, windshield and surrounding area look filthy.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats just the parkade. its been sitting all winter and gets ridiculously dusty down there.

Im a journeyman autobody painter and used one of our Garmat Booth Brothers XL Production booths (with 152 degree bake) this morning. No dirt nibs, and zero orange peel... Just the way I like it.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Thats just the parkade. its been sitting all winter and gets ridiculously dusty down there.

Im a journeyman autobody painter and used one of our Garmat Booth Brothers XL Production booths (with 152 degree bake) this morning. No dirt nibs, and zero orange peel... Just the way I like it.

very cool, man. it looks great in those pics... now GO WASH THE REST OF IT!!!! :spank::spank::spank::spank::spank:

Binks33

Reaction score
Visit site
nice to see the work of another autobody painter in here.....oh i would of draged on paintin it to, i get it totally<Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i would just love to paint more on my time off:BLAA: only a million things can go wrong with a paint job no matter how small or big . looks great i to was wantin to paint mine a pearl wht.

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG i love the black on the bars and triple. OMFG.... I wish i had the money this year.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
nice to see the work of another autobody painter in here.....oh i would of draged on paintin it to, i get it totally<Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i would just love to paint more on my time off:BLAA: only a million things can go wrong with a paint job no matter how small or big . looks great i to was wantin to paint mine a pearl wht.

Exactly. Once 5:30 hits, its time to go home and NOT work on cars/bikes

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow where did you learn all the painting skills. In 5 hours just wow. Someone needs to teach me how to paint.
After procrastinating for over 3 months to take the bike apart and paint it, I finally bit the bullet this week as riding season begins in a month.

Only spent about 5 hours total (teardown, prep, paint and reassembly) Cant believe I didnt just do it earlier.

Once its nice enough out, and I get the rest of my mods (smoked windscreen, white rim tape instead of blue and FZ1 bars. Also painting all silver pieces matte black) ill bust out some pictures in the mountains with it.

Painted using Sikkens autowave LB9A (VW Candy White) and Sikkens Superior 250 clearcoat.

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg