1996 Honda XR400R (off-road) $2500 - Cleveland, SC

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
They don't make 'em like they used to, and the XR400 is surely how they used to make 'em. It is powerful like a tractor and requires very little maintenance compared to new bikes. I have it geared down for running the goat-trails in the NC mountains (1 tooth smaller in front and 2 more in rear). It runs extremely well, needing nothing but a rider. No smoking from this one! I've owned this bike for 5 or 6 years, and it has never been raced. I just ride with my young children. This bike was only ridden about 10 times last summer. See upgrades below:

SDG seat - 12/07
Moose heavy duty skidplate - 12/07
UFO headlight/numberplate, w/ high & low beams
SuperTrapp ISDE II exhaust (tunable)
tailbag
OURY grips
Moose sealskins (for forks) - 6/06
piston & rings - 2/07
UNI airfilter - 2/07
steering bearings - 2/07
Swingarm bearings - 2/07
DP clutch - 12/08
Honda clutch cable - 12/08
ASV clutch & brake levers (AWESOME!) - 12/08
Moose aluminum handguards
Forks overhauled by Ohlin's - 10/09
new Ohlins shock (best in the world, esp. for this bike) - 10/09 (only 2 rides since installed)

SC does not require titles for off-road motorcycles, and I do not have one for it. I will provide a bill of sale for it.

Local pickup only unless we've made arrangements ahead of time.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask. No low-ballers please, as my price is firm. You may think its a little high, but if I didn't think it was worth it, I wouldn't ask for it! The mods in the last 2 years are well over half the asking price, and the bike has hardly been ridden for the last 2 years.