07' FZ6 now with full R6r suspension & brakes!

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha please forgive me for building the FZ6 you should have.:D

SH106063.jpg

SH106067.jpg

Don't ask for a how-to cause it's not finished yet, my friend who works at a fabrication shop is making the shock mounting brackets tomorrow, but wait! theres more, she gets all new body work and paint too.:D

dimos

Reaction score
Visit site
How cool is that? The bike looks already 3x more bad-ass already!

I am pretty much sure that (at least) the rear arm is engineered to provide the best possible overall performance when combined with R6's weight distribution (this is what Yamaha's engineers have probably spent on over a year of research when they firstly designed it).

The engine is almost the same, the front forks (now) also, the fuel tank is pretty much close to R6's, rims+tyres are pretty much similar (if not you can get R6's). What about the geometry and the materials of the chassis of FZ6, is it close to R6's (if not the same)?

Last edited:

slandis

Reaction score
Visit site
Good looking bike!

Definitely wanna know more about the swingarm setup. I have just completed the R6R fork swap with radial calipers etc. Just trying to figure out how to mount the FZ1N headlight on the 50mm fork tubes... what kind of clamps are near the lower triple on your forks?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cant wait to hear how the bike handles with the revised geometry that these mods will deliver...

Looks great! How much different is the fork rake, trial, etc....

How much different is the swingam length, etc...

:thumbup:

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
The fork rake (angle) doesn't change, but they do have a shallow-er yoke, so they sit an inch closer to the frame.

The swingarm is 3 inches shorter than the FZ6's, so the wheel base is a total of 4 inches shorter, plus 3/4 of an inch lower.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The fork rake (angle) doesn't change, but they do have a shallow-er yoke, so they sit an inch closer to the frame.

The swingarm is 3 inches shorter than the FZ6's, so the wheel base is a total of 4 inches shorter, plus 3/4 of an inch lower.

Which shock are you using at the rear??? is it multi adjustable??

Am guessing your gonna have to get busy getting the setting right's once your all done...lots of trial & error...

I know that changing out my seat unit, and reducing the weight of the bike at the rear of my bike, has changed the way the bike handles, as has putting on the clip-on handlebars, and changing the seating position to furyher forward on the bike...

Just started playing about with suspension last night...changing ride height, changing rebound damping, compression damping, etc...

Keep us posted...i love your work, bike is going to beautiful when your done.

:thumbup:

cable

Reaction score
Visit site
Any chance you could post a detailed pic/ specs of the bracket you used to attach the rear shock and dogbones? Really interested in this swap.