07 fz6 headlight mod

fordsforme

fordsforme
Reaction score
Visit site
howdy could someone please explain to me how to get both lights to burn on low and the high beam work also. blown a fuse trying to use jumper wire so confused thanks

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
howdy could someone please explain to me how to get both lights to burn on low and the high beam work also. blown a fuse trying to use jumper wire so confused thanks
:welcome: Follow the link Braz posted. bd43's mod is pretty easy to do, and his wire craftmanship is topnotch.

Mikeinho

Reaction score
Visit site
Try this link...

Gand's simple FZ6 Dual Headlight mod

I did the same thing, only I didn't bother tapping the black/green wire. Instead, I removed the H7 side connector and simply threaded the wire across the back of the lower bulb pin (and did the same on the H4 side, only remembering to thread it on to the 'spare' top pin). Each pin has an ‘O’ cut in it, so you can simply hook the exposed wire through it.

All you have to do is push enough slack inside the back of the bulb, so that when you plug the connector back on, it doesn't pull the wire out. Also, make sure the wire leaves each bulb housing towards the ground so that you don’t introduce any moisture.

No cutting, crimping, soldering, or electrical tape needed. Just a 20cm length of speaker wire (split down the middle), and used my teeth to strip the wire at both ends.

However, I did remove the inside fairing so that I could tuck the new wire in behind the instrument dial.

I might make a quick vid and post it on YouTube.

UK WARNING: remember to disconnect the mod prior to MOT, or it will fail. You are NOT allowed to run dual low beams, or anything else for that matter, other than the standard FZ6 setup, i.e. single low beam on one side and single high beam on the other.

Also, remember to heed the other warnings inside the link above regarding bulb-life, etc.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Hamburger

mmm, love that road!
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 Headlight Mod Help

Hello All,

Okay, I love to ride motorcycles, but have almost no clue how to work on them. In this case... My 2008 FZ6.

I'm picking up my new 2008 FZ6 on Tuesday and would like to immediately have the headlights modified to both be on as this thread outlines. I would do it myself, but I don't have the nerve right yet to start working on my motorcycle. I'll get there, just not yet.

So, my question is... is there anyone in the "Lower Mainland BC Canada" that you could recommend to do this mod? Professional shop? Obviously someone or shop that knows "exactly" what they are doing and have done it before.

I would be highly upset if something went wrong and botched up my new motorcycle.

Thank You

S

Shamus McFeeley

Try this link...

Gand's simple FZ6 Dual Headlight mod

I did the same thing, only I didn't bother tapping the black/green wire. Instead, I removed the H7 side connector and simply threaded the wire across the back of the lower bulb pin (and did the same on the H4 side, only remembering to thread it on to the 'spare' top pin). Each pin has an ‘O’ cut in it, so you can simply hook the exposed wire through it.

All you have to do is push enough slack inside the back of the bulb, so that when you plug the connector back on, it doesn't pull the wire out. Also, make sure the wire leaves each bulb housing towards the ground so that you don’t introduce any moisture.

No cutting, crimping, soldering, or electrical tape needed. Just a 20cm length of speaker wire (split down the middle), and used my teeth to strip the wire at both ends.

However, I did remove the inside fairing so that I could tuck the new wire in behind the instrument dial.

I might make a quick vid and post it on YouTube.

UK WARNING: remember to disconnect the mod prior to MOT, or it will fail. You are NOT allowed to run dual low beams, or anything else for that matter, other than the standard FZ6 setup, i.e. single low beam on one side and single high beam on the other.

Also, remember to heed the other warnings inside the link above regarding bulb-life, etc.

:thumbup:

I installed a switch in my setup, it was just preference for me, but if you have a legit reason because of vehicle compliance standards you might want to look at this:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/20071-dual-headlight-w-switch.html

I followed the bd43 way with a twist.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: FZ6 Headlight Mod Help

Hello All,

Okay, I love to ride motorcycles, but have almost no clue how to work on them. In this case... My 2008 FZ6.

I'm picking up my new 2008 FZ6 on Tuesday and would like to immediately have the headlights modified to both be on as this thread outlines. I would do it myself, but I don't have the nerve right yet to start working on my motorcycle. I'll get there, just not yet.

So, my question is... is there anyone in the "Lower Mainland BC Canada" that you could recommend to do this mod? Professional shop? Obviously someone or shop that knows "exactly" what they are doing and have done it before.

I would be highly upset if something went wrong and botched up my new motorcycle.

Thank You

Hey Burger-man. Check out the db43 headlight mod thread. Even if you're not a gear-head, his mod is brilliant and it is massivel'y easy for anyone to install... And... he's in Alberta,Canada :)

:rockon:

[C]hopStick

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the Headlight mod exactly. After 2 weeks of using it, my meters went blank, as if battery flat when I start the bike in the morning. It's a brand new battery =[

Anyone else encounter these?

Hamburger

mmm, love that road!
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the mechanic at the dealer fix up the lights.

However, the mechanic at the dealer can't figure out how to get both high beems to work at the same time.

Anyways, they both work, look great and in my opinion are safer than just having one light on.

Cheers

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I had the mechanic at the dealer fix up the lights.

However, the mechanic at the dealer can't figure out how to get both high beems to work at the same time.

Anyways, they both work, look great and in my opinion are safer than just having one light on.

Cheers

The lo beam side (left in N.A.) is an H7 socket..... low beam only. The right side is an H4, with only the high beam element wired in. The low beam doesn't light because it has no power applied, as there is no wire applied to the pin for the low beam element.

You have to modify the socket to accept an H4 bulb, to get a working high beam on the left side. And it has to be wired to the same source as the right bulb's 'hi' element.

I've done the right side lo modification, and agree, two lights are better than one.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really don't understand why part 1 and 2 of this aren't stickied. That would stop these questions being asked so much!

C'mon mods, get cracking on it!!! :spank:

If people who are joining the group were informed that we have a search engine we can use then this type of post would not appear over and over and over.

No offence but it seems sometimes that one of the things that keep this forum going are repeat posts. I for one get sick of seeing them.

Steve