07+ Full lower fairings in the USA... Finally!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! So, are you going to buy them? Do you have to remove these to change the oil?

:thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! So, are you going to buy them? Do you have to remove these to change the oil?

:thumbup:

I sent them an e-mail asking when they were going to have the factory matched Blue. I will probably buy them then! and who cares if i aev to remove them! they look awesome and i have to take Keira's off to change her oil and it is not that difficult even if i do have to.

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
Not me, but i am excited to see that the full lowers are starting to make it to the united states and they are inexpensive too!!!

Just waiting for the blue to show up!
Powerbronze UK International -

Dont hold your breath for factory matching anything from these guys. I have already got the 07+ lowers from these guys and just like the others they only come in preformed, not painted black plastic, black. While waiting on shipping I talked to a lady from the company and she said they don't intend on sell any of their parts painted as it is to much of a hassle.

I have my parts painted and on now, pics in my phone, I just dont have the brackets (that come shiny A** bare metal) because they are out getting powder coated with my exhaust at the moment.

I dont mean to steal the thread, but just throwing one pic up to show I am not bluffing. Thats the O2 sensor hangin' under there since my exhaust is off.

Edit: And as for taking them off to change the oil, You can probably do it with them still on but the left hand side could come off to make the filter and plug easier to get to. No fret though because each side only has 3 brackets plus one factory mounting screw holding them on, so each side can be removed in about 2 mins or less with the same torx driver that removes the factory front fairing.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks good, how much was it to paint them? I can probably find a deal somewhere on painting them, or just attempt to do it myself. I can create a spray booth in m y basement if i really wanted to.... and if Keira would let me :)

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont mean to steal the thread, but just throwing one pic up to show I am not bluffing. Thats the O2 sensor hangin' under there since my exhaust is off.

More pix when you can, please. I've got an '07 red that I'm thinking about adding this fairing to. Thanks!

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
More pix when you can, please. I've got an '07 red that I'm thinking about adding this fairing to. Thanks!

give me a couple days and i will get better pics with the exhaust and brackets all on and start a new thread of my own with them. this pic just has the fairings kinda hanging there by the one bolt at the top. So the final fitmant will be a little more pulled back and tighter into the chassis, not to mention the exhaust will be there as well so you can see what the header looks like in the front.

I should be picking my exhaust and brackets up tomorrow so i will have pics by tomorrow night. Look for em.

oh and to paint them i was charged 400$. But that was including painting the TCP seat cover, the lowers, the rear fender, and the side fairings near the seat. As for the paint, it is not the factory yamaha paint. it is actually a tri-coat Laser Red paint from a 2000ish mustang. the color is near perfect. when i get more pictures up you will see the closeness in the paint. I have close up pics where the new and factory parts meet and you cant tell the difference...once again, pics soon to come.

Last edited:

Dustin

MotorBoatin Son of a Btch
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not impressed. I think the yamaha oem lower fairing looks better on the bike than the powerbronze full fairing. But thats just my opinion. Congrats to all who has been waiting on this product to hit the states though.

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
Boneman, i think they were refering to the OEM FULL fairing for the 07+ there are pics around here with it on there. I dont like the OEM because of the huge boomerang shaped hole in the middle of it. But thats my 2 cents. Plus with the OEM being over 3 times the cost, that makes them even lower on my scale.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that a faux grille in the PB side pods? I think both of those look cool in a way. But personally, I'd take the OEM lowers. Gives people a glimpse of the monster that lurks underneath :D. (Price is a bummer though, although you might get color matched parts).

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
If by "faux grilles" you mean hole cut in the fairing with mesh covering them so you can see through and light will eventually come out, then yes they are 'faux grilles'...the mesh is really sturdy. a lot more so than i though it would be.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
If by "faux grilles" you mean hole cut in the fairing with mesh covering them so you can see through and light will eventually come out, then yes they are 'faux grilles'...the mesh is really sturdy. a lot more so than i though it would be.

No, by faux grille I meant a fake grille, that just looks like a grille. Check out the hood of some older mustang GT's or the side pods on a mustang. The grille looks like a real grille but is just a plastic criss-cross mesh with no holes in it. But after reading your explanation, I realize the grille is not just for looks per se.

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah ok. I was wondering between what you were thinking and what i described. Thats why i kinda explained what it was while i was asking what you meant. But yea it is a "real 'grille' " if thats what you wanna call it.

Iskyone

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for letting us know about the lowers being available. I just ordered the and will Have my son Paint them to match my bike. I just could not see paying almost a $1k for OEM. These are $258.48 with delivery. Don't know how long it will take to get here and painted. will post pictures when they are installed. Ride Safe!!:america:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for letting us know about the lowers being available. I just ordered the and will Have my son Paint them to match my bike. I just could not see paying almost a $1k for OEM. These are $258.48 with delivery. Don't know how long it will take to get here and painted. will post pictures when they are installed. Ride Safe!!:america:

you are not that far from me, how much does your son charge and how does he know how to paint (AKA is he any good?)?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About time! Now maybe Yamaha will wise up and sell their full fairing too.