04 Rear Shock should work on a 08, right?

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to replace the rear shock on my 2008 FZ6 as it is getting soft even at the highest setting. I have over 45,000 miles on my the bike and do a lot of two up riding, but new ones run about $350, so this is why I am trying to find a slightly used OEM one.

I found a dealer on ebay that has one from a 2004 FZ6 with only about 11,000 miles on it, but the site says it is only compatible for FZ6s from 2004-06 and specifically says it will not work on an 08 when you input the model and year.

I think it should as I haven't heard of any changes to this part of the bike from 06 to 09. Am I wrong or is the seller wrong? Please let me know and how sure you are about your response.

Also, if anybody is selling a rear shock with low miles please let me know. Thanks.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not aware of any changes from the Gen I to Gen II. But, if you are interested, I have one from an 07 that i would let go pretty cheap.

Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Scott
[email protected]

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to underbid anyone, but I've got the shock off an '08 that only has like 6k miles on it. Just taking up space in my garage as the 08 it came off of was totaled. If skooter wants too much, hit me up.

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to both of you and this is why this site is great.

I'd rather buy from one of you than a dealer.

At the same time, I don't want to play a bidding game between the two of you as that isn't fair and I don't want that kind of reputation on this site or anywhere for that matter.

So instead I propose, I'll just contact each of you separately-- just once-- and ask your price and how many miles the rear shock has and decide what's best for me without coming back to either one of you with counteroffers.

Looks like my old girl will be getting some newer suspenders soon!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Savva & Skooter,

If you haven't done already, why not put the shocks up for sale in the "For sale section". That way you can both sell on the shocks?

Neil:thumbup:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Savva & Skooter,

If you haven't done already, why not put the shocks up for sale in the "For sale section". That way you can both sell on the shocks?

Neil:thumbup:

Don't tell me what to do!!! :BLAA:

I've just been lazy..perhaps this weekend if we aren't actually buried in the snow.