Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking you have to break the bead on the tire, pull out the old one and insert the new one from the inside of the rim . I would say the wheel with prolly have to come off.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Anybody know what size valve stem to buy? Thanks

If you plan on taking the tire off the rim yourself, I'd go to the local MC shop, and buy one from them...... I believe the stems are a standard size....

One of the things you might want to consider, is installing a stem with a 90° bend to it, so the schraeder valve points out sideways. That can make checking the pressure a lot less fiddly.

Alternate solution

Falcon1220

Reaction score
Visit site
You can probably figure it out by looking at this site based on your year of the bike. Look up the part number and do a search on it to get additional information.

PartShark.com --- Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Apparel, & Merchandise.

If you plan on taking the tire off the rim yourself, I'd go to the local MC shop, and buy one from them...... I believe the stems are a standard size....

One of the things you might want to consider, is installing a stem with a 90° bend to it, so the schraeder valve points out sideways. That can make checking the pressure a lot less fiddly.

Alternate solution

:cheer:

Man I love this forum. I learned two new things in these replies.
Thanks

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Alternate solution

This shop may no longer be shipping due to a death in their organization.

You may want to try this place...

KurveyGirl - Motorcycle Stuff: Dzus Fasteners, angled valve stems, Vesrah and More

There are two sizes, 11.3mm and the 8.3mm. According to the website, it looks like the 11.3mm is for the Yamaha bikes.

jacobdahl

Reaction score
Visit site
If you decide to just pop the bead on one side and stuff a new valve in the hole (which is the lazy/easy way to do it) make sure any bits of the old valve are not left inside the tire, as they can damage the tire from the inside, and will also make an annoying noise. The best way to deal with it is to remove the wheel and take the whole assembly to a tire shop with a proper bead breaker. The shop I work in would not charge more than 5 bucks to do a simple job like that, and you know the tire and rim won't be damaged because we have the porper tools to do the job.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
something like that my dad usually says dont worry about paying just remember us when its time to get tires.:thumbup: