Yet another R6 fork conversion thread..

Griff1220

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have a 2006 fz6, and I found a deal for a set of r6 forks, brake calipers, brakes, lines, axel, and bolt. I plan on doing the conversion pretty soon, just wondering what parts I still need. I'm assuming caliper shims, wheel spacers, etc. where can I get ahold of all of the misc. hardware for the install? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I have a 2006 fz6, and I found a deal for a set of r6 forks, brake calipers, brakes, lines, axel, and bolt. I plan on doing the conversion pretty soon, just wondering what parts I still need. I'm assuming caliper shims, wheel spacers, etc. where can I get ahold of all of the misc. hardware for the install? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

What was left behind from this?

Fender mounts and maybe brake lines? Other than that, I think your set.
IMG_2332_zpsed7c3131.jpg

You need these:
From this: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/51736-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact.html
51870d1390767231-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact-dsc_7600.web.jpg

Griff1220

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, it seems that the only things I am missing are the axel shims, the wheel spacers, the caliper shims, and the fender tabs, essentially the misc. hardware necessary to make it compatible with the FZ6. I have the forks, calipers, brakes, lines, axle, bolt, and I'm going to use the stock FZ6 fender. Any advice or input from anyone?

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
From the pic it lookes like the purchace came with proper axle shims. Do a search, there was a member on here who sold the kit. I have links in the thread Something Black. Follow them on the fork swap. Look for something likr ** Dak08 ** thats not exact. But something like that.
Also take a close up picture of the shims / spacer you do have. Calipers just need some ss washers.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From the pic it lookes like the purchace came with proper axle shims...

Unfortunately; he was #2 on the list and #1 actually bought my kit (the one in photo)!

To Griff: Nice work on finding another set so quickly! Please find the information below for the shims used in the kit that I sold. The wheel shim is based on the use of the R6S wheel spacer; not sure if those were included in the set-up that you bought.

Part Numbers Mentioned below are from McMaster.com

Caliper Spacers:
*Note: The total required shim thickness is 2.5mm. Shims of this thickness in the size required are not readily available. Total thickness is made up with two separate shims
Item 1:
Qty: 4
Inside Diameter: Ø8mm
Outside Diameter: Ø14mm
Thickness: 1.5mm
Part Number: 98089A119​

Item 2:
Qty: 4
Inside Diameter: Ø8mm
Outside Diameter: Ø14mm
Thickness: 1.0mm
Part Number: 90214A518​

Wheel Spacers:
Qty: 2
Inside Diameter: Ø22mm
Outside Diameter: Ø30mm
Thickness: 2.0mm
Part Number: 98089A467​

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ was banking on thread w PM and SOLD but wrong peeps i guess.
Thanks Scott and Joe!
Lots of info out there w a little searching...

EDIT: Was curious so I did it....

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/28956-r6-fork.html
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/29543-r6-fork-install-another-one.html

[MENTION=458]bd43[/MENTION] Perfect Posts FTW! VERY WELL DONE, to the point, all the details and Great pictures!!! This will show you all you need to know! Great work! I only wish the Thanks Button were enabled for longer periods!

TAG: JJD952 - SUSPENSION

Last edited:

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Spacer kit for 04-06 bikes for sale, stainless wheel axle spacers and stainless brake caliper spacers, 2 aluminum fender brackets, with hardware $65 shipped to lower 48

Griff1220

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow guys thanks! I did manage to find a kit on an r6 forums. A guy is parting out his 09 R6 so I PMed him about all of the parts listed above and he offered 400 shipped for everything.

D1ck3y0da

Reaction score
Visit site
Spacer kit for 04-06 bikes for sale, stainless wheel axle spacers and stainless brake caliper spacers, 2 aluminum fender brackets, with hardware $65 shipped to lower 48
Any chance this is still available? I have an 07 thats getting r6 forks over the winter and need this kit. Pm me if you or anyone else can help me. All links on this post are dead.... url not found...

cowbasa

Reaction score
Visit site
Any chance this is still available? I have an 07 thats getting r6 forks over the winter and need this kit. Pm me if you or anyone else can help me. All links on this post are dead.... url not found...

you should find a machine shop with a manual lathe and ask them to produce 2 wheel spacers. it is not too complicated and many shops can make them. I've found one in PA on the craigslist over a year ago, but unfortunately can't share now because that old link doesn't work anymore. btw, I paid 40$ for spacers + shipping

check the tread below it has a link to all the drawings and info you might need

D1ck3y0da

Reaction score
Visit site
I found a guy one here. He used to make a kit i guess. 100$ plus shipping but it is what it is...

Last edited: