Yamihoe decides to wander...

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
So I am graduating with my Bachelors in business administration and management **cough cough, someone hire me***
on July 29th 2014 (the fat lady hasnt started singing yet)
I havent quite decided where I want to trek to (once I regain consciousness and sober up form the festivities) I was thinking of going north into the PA area, I used to live near Gettysburg and have a lot of family there, and wanted to see if anyone on the forum wanted to randomly meet up.
I wish I could afford to go west to meet and piss off Vegasrider, motogiro, etc or south to townsendfjr. but I believe I will be in erci country :D

my usual rout is I85n into Va then grabbing 77 unill pa 15 and down through Mechanicsburg Pa. let me know if you are in the area. :)

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on finishing up and best of luck in getting that starting job! :thumbup:

You didn't mention I-81 in your route but I suspect you'll be on it for a while. I won't be in the area but I might pass you in the other direction (between Harrisburg & Hagerstown). The family and I will be returning from visiting in-laws & outlaws in NJ and down-state NY. We'll be in a car - haven't decided which one yet, so if you see a black Outback or a silver (brand new) Mazda 6 beeping at every bike, that would be ME. I'll have spent a week without my bike... Blah

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and best of luck! I'm glad I graduated college 12 years ago because the job market is about 10 times worse than it was in 2002! But don't let that discourage you. You just have to be better than most other recent graduates! :thumbup:

As for your trip. Why not head North and jump on the Blue Ridge Parkway at Cherokee, NC? The blue ridge parkway from NC to VA is one of the best rides on the east coast and it takes you the direction you are going anyway! You can jump on I-77 in VA or ride the parkway all the way to I-64 in central VA and then shoot up I-81 to Harrisburg, PA in no time. :thumbup:

If you've never ridden the entire blue ridge parkway in late summer, you owe it to yourself to do so!

Here's me on the Parkway a few years back. We camped at state parks along the way on the way to ATL for a wedding.

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I am from Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg area, I'd love to meet up sometime if you are in the area this summer.
I recently graduated (May 2014), and got a job related to my major, Mechanical Engineering. So while the job market may not be great there is at least one success story. :thumbup:

On a side note depending on when you make your trek, there is a small group of guys on the forum who will be in Deal's Gap area around mid August (link below), maybe you can meet up with them.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/i-m-...2665-aug-11-16-blue-ridge-pkwy-deals-gap.html

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do a job search for SW Florida (Fort Myers, Naples, Estero).

Hertz is currently moving its entire corportate headquarters from up north, to down here (Estero).

There's a bunch of other high end companies moving down and /or eyeing the area..

The counties are trying to lure the bigger, higher paying companies, by giiving them tax incentives...

Just something to consider..

Oh, and Congratulations!!!

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
The south is where it's at...I expatriated from PA, headed down to Charlotte. I'm 2-3 hours away from the Blue Ridge Parkway/Tail of the dragon, and 3-4 hours from the beach. Can't argue with that.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I did forget about 81 and that sliver of wv it goes thru..

I love the idea of taking the blue ridge!!!!

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
And there are some pretty decent roads around here too. I go riding with some guys out east of Charlotte on the weekends, plenty of room to get the toes down:spank:

It seems I haven't updated my profile, I'm no longer in PA obviously. Nor do I have an FZ6 anymore.