Yamaha FZ6 aftermarket parts

eza222

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

I've not long got a Yamaha FZ6 2011 and just wondering wheres the best place to get aftermarket parts and whats some of the trendy mods / aftermarket parts....

I am wanting some custom bar end mirrors and some protection grills for the radiator and tail light and headlight protection covers. Any ideas where to look ?

Also would parts from an older model FZ6 fit on to mine ?

Thanks
Erik

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Only S2 parts will match the front bodywork, everything else is across the board, first thing I did, was change out pipes (slip ons Dominator amazing!)

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The 2011 FZ6 is actually a different bike than the 2004 to 2009 FZ6. In 2010 Yamaha continued to sell this model in Europe, but by 2011 it was a very different bike, I'm not sure which parts are interchangeable (other that the universal parts like handlebars and the like).

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
The 2011 FZ6 is actually a different bike than the 2004 to 2009 FZ6. In 2010 Yamaha continued to sell this model in Europe, but by 2011 it was a very different bike, I'm not sure which parts are interchangeable (other that the universal parts like handlebars and the like).

Really? never heard that man? Do you mean the FZ6r ? Or a updated fizzy in 2011? very interesting!

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Aright mate I got the dominator exhaust any good mirrors to get and any other mods ?

Belly pan, fork upgrade, pretty essential if your on the heavy side. https://www.teknikmotorsport.com/~75447 expensive but AMAZING,
Ohlins rear shock, Get both done at same time by a suspension pro.
A pair of pilot 5's for road.
And you basically have a new fck off handling bike,
Braided hoses, straighter handle bars etc... this list goes on man

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohlins rear shock, Get both done at same time by a suspension pro.

Or do it yourself, save a bunch of money, and in the end have a better suspension then the “pro” would ever provide.

Suspension on the FZ is about as easy as it gets, whatever path you take.