WW1 motorbike route

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As this year is 100 years since the beginning of WWI There was an article in the last (Dutch) promotor magazine about a couple of WW1 routes, although the article is in Dutch they posted this map of the route, there are also places of interest marked on the map. The route follows the old front line of the war.

I haven't ridden the route but it's on my to do list. I've previously been to Ypres (Ieper), beginning of the route on my bike and to the vosges region (end of route), maybe an idea to do the rest. I thought someone might be interested so I posted it here. If anyone wants the route (free to promotor subscribers), you can PM me with your email address.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like it will be a great trip. That would be dream trip to ride some of Europe!:)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There are 2 more routes from the first world war, one in Slovenia (I didn't realise that the Italians fought the Austrian/hungarians here), and one in Turkey (around Gallipolli). unfortunately there is no picture of these, only a route. If anyone wants them let me know.