Why Harleys S#$k.

S

sportrider

that was pretty funny!!! seeing how this is a harley topic here are some pics of my old sportster.

W

wrightme43

Well how did it work Danny?
My one friend who teaches the MSF has had his Harley in the shop for 4 weeks now. I keep telling him he can take my bike out, but then he would have to sell his bike, and get one that runs.

S

sportrider

I had no real problems I did the maintenance & mods myself, jetting was hard to get spot on it was good down here at 234 feet below sea level but ran rich in the mountains(ahh the joys of carburetors) but besides that I had no problems. I had 8000 miles on it when I sold it.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had no real problems I did the maintenance & mods myself, jetting was hard to get spot on it was good down here at 234 feet below sea level but ran rich in the mountains(ahh the joys of carburetors) but besides that I had no problems. I had 8000 miles on it when I sold it.

WOW most harleys never get than many miles

W

wrightme43

Yeah man, you actually rode it. Thats awesome.

I see packs of them sitting at bars around here, and packs sitting at the dealership. Mainly the ones on the road riding are import cruisers. That and the rare Chooopppppeeeeerrrrrrr.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Very funny

I enjoyed reading that a lot. Especially when my dad is one of those "hard-core" Hardley riders. He will actually tell me that he doesnt want to go riding with me and my friends because he doesnt want to make us look bad when we are next to his electra-glide. LOL

Everytime he makes comments of that nature i always tell him......"you know pop, my bike may be "jap-crap", but at the end of the day you still only ride a harley"....that always gets him angry. I just like how he tells me that his bike could out run the FZ on the drag strip, only he doesnt want to have any risk in scratching or wrecking it.

I think its funny when im around his biker buddies and they look at my bike with their noses turned up. I just look right back and tell them.."yeah, its faster, more comfortable, and can out perform anything off of harleys showroom floor".

Now we all know about the mysterious V-rod that is supposed to be fast. The only one that beat me at the Texas shootout drag competition was one that had about 15,000 dollars in it. And he only beat me by a bike length. What does that tell you about under-powered and over-priced?

W

wrightme43

LOL the best part is the V-rod is not a inhouse engine tune. Its based on the drag engine designed by harley and then tuned by porsche.
115hp but in a heavier chassis with a much lower redline. Its still costs money to beat the JapCrap. LOL

Dont get me wrong I know a few cool harley riders. I just cant see paying 20k for a motorcycle that sits. The guys that ride I have not one problem with. Its the jackmonkeys that dress up like biker Ken, and cruise from parking lot to parking lot, with I'm a Ho Barbie on the back.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL the best part is the V-rod is not a inhouse engine tune. Its based on the drag engine designed by harley and then tuned by porsche.
115hp but in a heavier chassis with a much lower redline. Its still costs money to beat the JapCrap. LOL

Dont get me wrong I know a few cool harley riders. I just cant see paying 20k for a motorcycle that sits. The guys that ride I have not one problem with. Its the jackmonkeys that dress up like biker Ken, and cruise from parking lot to parking lot, with I'm a Ho Barbie on the back.

LOL :D

I know the ones you speak of. They are the notorious "Renegade Bikers on the Weekends". There wrath is felt at every bar from houston to galveston...MMMMMUUUAAAAHHHAHAHAHAH

S

sportrider

I rented a V-ROD just to see what all the hype was about. in real world riding it had a fuel range of about 80 miles. I think the underseat tank only held like 2.75 gallons of the required "premium" fuel. the handling was sluggish and gear ratios were less then optimum. first gear was too low and second was too high on tight mountain roads. on the freeway is where it (if I may be so bold to say) shined. it had a nice acceleration from 80MPH to around 125MPH. still no match for the FZ6. I found myself wishing I had brought the FZ6 on the ride instead. but comparing it to the sportster it was more my style. hmmm clip-ons, rear sets, high mount pipe, re-valved forks, upper fairing aww who am I kidding even then it would still be a Hardly. (as in Hardly moving):D