Trading the FZ for a "Boss Hoss"!

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
still have our fz, i just dont post here alot anymore.

Dang it, I was looking forward to seeing your smokey burnouts at Bike Week in Daytona. I had a 08 Wing same color as yours only the car tire made it faster. :rolleyes:

the car tire defiantly makes it better.

as a side note i do know a guy with a hoss, and it can be quite the ride.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Oh heck, it isn't mine.... Had to bring it back to life as it's an ex co-workers bike. Five months sitting with un-treated ethanol fuel killed it.. The main jet and nozzle was pretty clear, the idle jet clogged. On this Mikuni carb, Harley has an accelerator pump which uses an EXPTREMLY small orifice to move fuel to the throttle bore. THAT took two sessions in the sonic cleaner to get opened... It's a very heavy pig but under way it's very torquey and comfy... It goes home today or tomorrow.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh heck, it isn't mine.... Had to bring it back to life as it's an ex co-workers bike. Five months sitting with un-treated ethanol fuel killed it.. The main jet and nozzle was pretty clear, the idle jet clogged. On this Mikuni carb, Harley has an accelerator pump which uses an EXPTREMLY small orifice to move fuel to the throttle bore. THAT took two sessions in the sonic cleaner to get opened... It's a very heavy pig but under way it's very torquey and comfy... It goes home today or tomorrow.

I had a friend with that same problem and I was able to leave the carb attached, drop the float bowl, pull the idle jet, clean it and he was back up n running.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's really tight trying to pull the bowl while still attached to the engine...

This idle jet was SUPER tight in there... On the verge of stripping but got it out un-damaged

That little accelerator pump/squirter orifice (part of the bowl) was really clogged.

Rode it a bit this am for some tuning and had to lower the idle back down (I did have to earlier raise it) to normal... I'm guessing my Yamaha fuel system cleaner and Sea Foam did it's magic over night.

It's be nice if the carb had a drain screw in the bowl... I didn't think about it till now but I could of installed one... I think the owner's looking to get rid of it..

This machine is best suited for highway operation. You click into 5th (or 6th?) at about 65MPH and the engines just chugging along, very happy there.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The bikes really filthy, I didn't feel like washing it..

It gets picked up this afternoon... It doesn't run well
(gotta keep choke partially on for at least a mile) until fully hot...

With the squared off tires (17,000 miles on the clock-probably original),
with a slight lean, while accelerating(hard) from a stop, the rear kicked out maybe 6"...
Wasn't expecting that... :)