The World's Fastest Indian << Must watch!!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This has been mentioned here a couple of times but not in the movie section. Cue up The World's Fastest Indian!

Great family movie that just gets better as you get into it.

From IMDB....

The life story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years building a 1920 Indian motorcycle -- a bike which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.

Director: Roger Donaldson
Writer: Roger Donaldson
Stars: Anthony Hopkins, Diane Ladd, Iain Rea

Last edited:

lghtmgr

Reaction score
Visit site
A movie I have enjoyed watching a couple of times.
They don't make make bikes like that, very passionate and dedicated he was to his sport. My favorite part is the run against the young bucks on the beach. Great Movie. :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just saw the same era Indian motorcycle here at an Indian dealer. I was looking to see if they had the new Scout. They have probably the most innovative change in engine technology of any cruiser. They've built a shortened stroke water cooled engine that will no doubt change how people think about powering a cruiser.

If you had to throw a leg over on a cruiser......

indian-TGJ.02-1000x510.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just saw the same era Indian motorcycle here at an Indian dealer. I was looking to see if they had the new Scout. They have probably the most innovative change in engine technology of any cruiser. They've built a shortened stroke water cooled engine that will no doubt change how people think about powering a cruiser.

If you had to throw a leg over on a cruiser......

indian-TGJ.02-1000x510.jpg

It kinda grows on ya! Good Looking it is! :thumbup::thumbup:

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
I recommend "The Worlds Fastest Indian" to everyone, not just others that ride. It's not just a good MC movie, it's a good movie! The DVD has a documentary "Offerings to the God of Speed" with clips of Burt that will show you Anthony Hopkins did a great job portraying him. I've seen WFI at least 15times. Seems every time I tell someone about it, I watch it again.