Tail/Brake Light Connector

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought all might be interested in a little fact I discovered. Was working on a project to add an LED-adorned license plate frame with a tail light/strobing brake light feature provided by an electronic module I bought. Obviously needed to connect into the tail/brake light circuit. I hate to cut stock wires, so I bought a new tail/brake light socket with wiring harness that I figured I could cut up and solder into. I also wanted to be able to take the strobing module out of the circuit, so I decided to use some connectors from Eastern Beaver to connect the various components together. I ordered a variety of 3 position and 4 position 090 connectors. I was wiring things up, looked over and noticed that the connector on the factory tail/brake light harness that I had purchased was identical to the 3-position 090 connector from Eastern Beaver, this one:

3P090K-SMHMb.jpg

So instead of cutting up the harness, I just wired everything between a male/female pair of these for a plug and play connection.

Last edited:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought some at Radio Shack (for that same purpose) but they're not like this ones!!!! I might simply return those and look for these instead!!!!!

Thanks

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought some at Radio Shack (for that same purpose) but they're not like this ones!!!! I might simply return those and look for these instead!!!!!

Thanks

Yeah, I bought some from Radio Shack first and decided I did not like them. The Eastern Beaver ones are very nice. By the way, the pins are exacty what is needed for the BD43 headlight mod.