Shoei nxr / rf-1200 anyone?

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
Dear fellow riders. Has any of U got the chance to use the new Shoei Nxr helmet? I own the xr1100 but would like to get a new one, with better size fit. And I am wondering if it would be better to buy a cheaper new xr1100 or take some risk and go for nxr. Will the change be big enough. Is the nxr better than xr1100? They say the shell is smaller in shape and quieter, but is ir really worth it. I mean for 3/4 price of nxr plain white I get XR1100 with any possible painting scheme. And I do like my xr1100. :)

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
As with any helmets, you need to try them on. What fits one person, doesn't mean it'll be good for someone else.
I really wanted a NXR, this one [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I6VY5KQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00I6VY5KQ&linkCode=as2&tag=nivsolltd-21&linkId=OHSGEROSJAN55EDM"]Shoei NXR Beaufighter Helmet Size Medium: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

But it didn't quite fit my noggin, so tried on the Air GT and it fitted brilliantly.

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
It is not the fitting issue - now I have a "S" size XR1100 and know it is too big. So it is either NXR "XS" or XR1100 "XS" - both tried, both fit. All I wonder is whether the NXR is worth the extra money for the new helmet or should I stay with the older helmet I am confident with by buing a new XR1100 with correct size.
I am not sure about the improvements in NXR simply.

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have ridden in my new white nxr today. Sound level seems quite the same. The helmet is shorter. Nose sometimes touches the breath guard. In terms of aerodynamics it seems to handle airflow better. So far all I need is to adjust the visor (had a little air coming through the middle of the bottom part of the visor) so as for today I give it 5/6.

Last edited: