Shark S900 Prime Black

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
I only recently bought it so I can't attest to how well it copes with wear. However, my older S800 is still as good as new.

Shark S900: [9/10]

+ Very good value for money, seeing that I can't justify the higher cost of the upper Shark models, as they look and feel very similar.
+ The S900 sits in a very good bracket within the Shark product mix/line. It shares many key features of the more expensive Shark models, but is considerably cheaper.
+ Wind noise is very good. Compared to my older S800 I can barely tell the difference. Again, why then do you need a more expensive model?
+ The sun visor is excellent. Now if I get caught by nightfall I do not need to worry about swopping visors. Its actuation is quick and easy and smooth. I doubt the mechanism will ever fail.
+ The chin strap is a new design. It is like the click-in version, just a little better as it is now also adjustable in 2 areas. The strap and the click-lock is adjustable.
+ Paint job is gloss black, no orange peel and it is very smooth.

- The sun visor does seem to distort the view a bit. Being made of formed plastic, it tends to refract light in a way that distorts the riders view a bit. This will take getting used to. Consider this issue a minor one.
- Compared to my old S800, it is only better in terms of aesthetic design and the addition of the sun visor.

A note on the Shark S900 C (Comfort with Air Pump system)

I almost bought the Comfort model, but luckily I played around with the new air pump system. I can see that it pumps up the cheek pads, but the total increase in volume is so small I decided that it is only a gimmick. Also, I think the pump system will fail after a few years. Added to that, the area where you activate/deactivate the pump on the lower cheek pad will surely perish and get greasy after prolonged use.

If you happen to buy the Comfort, let me know how that air pump thing works out after a year or so...

Last edited:

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
having a recent accident (2 days ago) this helmet saved my life. Took a hell of a punch and did its job. I would give it 10/10. Waiting for another one to come as it got destroyed at the crash.