Run switch faulty

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, just a little flat head screw drive to pop the black bit out of the white bit.

:eyebrow: I actually forgot to pop some grease in there. Got a little distracted by some meddling kids ripping my gutter downpipe off !! :mad::spank:

Good job Adam, when I had mine off I thought I would destroy it popping it apart. I'm delighted that it has been proven that with some ingenuity it is completely serviceable. Thanks for posting in the relevant section and good luck with the job hunt.

Nelly

AdamFZ

Reaction score
Visit site

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
First things, first. It's a CUTOFF switch... not the "K" word. ;)

Second, I was instructed ad nauseum to include the cutoff switch in the dismount in the MSF BRC. Thumb-Key-Valve. Repeat it over and over and over.

Now sure... our bikes don't have fuel shutoff valves and no, the cutoff switch is not necessary. I think they drilled this stuff over and over again to ensure everyone was on the same page.

While watching some crash/low slide videos, people find the cut-off/kill/run switch very useful at the time of crash, and if the bike is doing donuts on its own where you can't reach the ignition, kill switch will be at your service.
But that is for supersports and stunt bikes, our street bikes won't be in that position (although it could happen, very rarely).

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
While watching some crash/low slide videos, people find the cut-off/kill/run switch very useful at the time of crash, and if the bike is doing donuts on its own where you can't reach the ignition, kill switch will be at your service.
But that is for supersports and stunt bikes, our street bikes won't be in that position (although it could happen, very rarely).

With our bikes, the Tip Over Switch WILL kill the engine after a certain angle, (falling over). So the above is moot...

Race bikes, modified bikes, different story but for a stock FZ the red KILL switch is really just another failure point. Either with wear and tear, or leaving the ignition and having a dead battery..