Rhino Tires - Puncture Proof

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you familiar with products like slime and goop? This looks like a more industrialized version, a version that needs a machine. I am thinking the approach to the puncture problem is similar and therefore so is the product.

In essence, a gooey substance that adheres to the inside of the tire and in the event of a puncture, the outrushing air pushes the goo into the hole and seals it.

Don't know if they work, but I put Goop in my PR3's about a month ago and have not had an opportunity to test (thankfully). I can say that there are no ill effects from running the product.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Never heard of them. I think I would want more info about the product. Is it just a spray? How does it handle tire heat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you familiar with products like slime and goop? This looks like a more industrialized version, a version that needs a machine. I am thinking the approach to the puncture problem is similar and therefore so is the product.

In essence, a gooey substance that adheres to the inside of the tire and in the event of a puncture, the outrushing air pushes the goo into the hole and seals it.

Don't know if they work, but I put Goop in my PR3's about a month ago and have not had an opportunity to test (thankfully). I can say that there are no ill effects from running the product.

Idk Tom, the mechanics frown upon it when they have to change the tire[emoji16]

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Idk Tom, the mechanics frown upon it when they have to change the tire[emoji16]

I thought about that but if it works like they say, then the mechanics need to get over it. It's about our safety, not their convenience. Seems like a sound idea and the videos seem to illustrate that it works well. And after all, it's on the Internet so it MUST be true [emoji1]

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard about them some years ago and after seeing that in action it convinced me, but... Several people that tried it say it makes the wheel vibrate more.

"V"
I guess if you have your tyres balanced after having the rhino "coating" that it's not a problem, but something like goop which you spray into the tyre whilst it is fitted could easily unbalance a tyre, but these things are only meant as a temporary fix, so I guess an unbalanced tyre is better than a flat one.
I think that Rhino tyre might be a good thing to have done if you work near a building site or someplace that has a lot of debris, I've had a couple of flats in the past and it was in one particular place where a lot of Industrial rubbish was thrown in a skip (outside a dry dock for ships), since I've been avoiding this place I've had no problems :thumbup: