Purolator Oil Filter

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got to put on a purolator oil filter on my bike. I have black spray paint, but thought I'd put it on without painting it to see how it looks. To be honest, I kind of like it! Even the girlfriend thinks it's cool :rockon:

Last edited:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice -

What'd you do with your tire hugger?
I removed it when I worked on the rear of the bike and never put it back on. I like the look of it off. Granted things get a bit dirtier, but it's just crap the tire flings off. I don't get any fling off from my chain.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its the perfect smiley face yellow. After a little bit it gets ugly.

20130913_102345.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I always paint mine black. They use to come in Blue so there was no need to paint them in the past, since it matched my bike.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
2009 called, they want their filter back. ;)

Hahahaha, nice!!!!

OP, the Purolator Synthetic filters are blue and a perfect match to the Yamaha blue. We don't get the PureOne's in Canada, so when I run out, I use the Synthetics that we do get.

Purolator-0219.jpg

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Hahahaha, nice!!!!

OP, the Purolator Synthetic filters are blue and a perfect match to the Yamaha blue. We don't get the PureOne's in Canada, so when I run out, I use the Synthetics that we do get.

Purolator-0219.jpg
I've never heard about these... Just a quick search and I'm seeing they are about twice as expensive though :eek:

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never heard about these... Just a quick search and I'm seeing they are about twice as expensive though :eek:

They ran about $12 at WalMart here which is ok as we don't get the cheap PureOne's, the OEM's that I used to run cost me $16

Project84

14,000 RPM really?!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks.

The oil change is straight forward? No tricks or weird tasks involved? Drain, remove filter, install new filter, put drain plug back in, fill w/ oil?

I have owned several bikes and never had one that was that straight forward, hoping that's it. lol My KTM takes almost 2 hours to do an oil change!