Pilot Road 2 Tires

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
Well got 12031 miles off the 1st set, put new set on today, might have got another 500-1000 miles but that would have been pushing it! Good tire I really like it, recommend it. Haven't rode any other brand of tire but it has taken all that I have thrown at it and done well! Anyone else using the same tire?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
mine are coming in Monday...glad to hear your mileage out of them. I am extremely excited for next week. Bike is going to have a whole new attitude with new tires and sprockets. :sinister:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
pilot road 2's are about as good as you can get for a great all round tyre for the FZ6 IMHO....just love em, especially in the wet, and for touring...nice and sticky when flogging the bike in the twisties too.

:rockon:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup I have about 8 or 9 thousand miles on mine and they are still looking great. Haven't owned any other tire but I like this one enough that I will rebuy.

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reviews folks. Waiting on delivery for a set as well. Was on the fence between the PR2 and the Pilot Power 2CT, but the wet traction of the PR2 did it for me.

BobSchmickle

Reaction score
Visit site
I have about 2k on mine and they still look new. I mostly ride to work at 65-70 in a straight line so I really like the harder center compound.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My pilot road 2's slide around much more than my pilot power 2's. by much more I mean instead of never, they now slide around once in a while. They take much longer to warm up so having gotten used to not worrying about my tires EVER and AT ALL I know how to keep mind of my tires temperatures.

I liked not having to worry about anything with the pilot power 2's.

The road 2's are not bad tires by any stretch of the imagination. They are great. But I just got used to never having to think about my tires ever. not the case with the finicky-when-cold road 2's. When they are cold in the rain....I am pretty nervous. I was always full of the utmost confidence in the rain even on cold when on the pilot power 2's.

Problem is I went through my pilot power 2's in like a month and a week or two. Lot of highway km just used up all the rubber down the centre. (many of those km were at over 170kph though)

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very very good. but not great. sacrifice a fair bit of low temperature grip for lifetime extension. to be great in my book have to run forever and grip like nothing else.

My pilot road 2's slide around much more than my pilot power 2's. by much more I mean instead of never, they now slide around once in a while. They take much longer to warm up so having gotten used to not worrying about my tires EVER and AT ALL I know how to keep mind of my tires temperatures.

I liked not having to worry about anything with the pilot power 2's.

The road 2's are not bad tires by any stretch of the imagination. They are great. But I just got used to never having to think about my tires ever. not the case with the finicky-when-cold road 2's. When they are cold in the rain....I am pretty nervous. I was always full of the utmost confidence in the rain even on cold when on the pilot power 2's.

Problem is I went through my pilot power 2's in like a month and a week or two. Lot of highway km just used up all the rubber down the centre. (many of those km were at over 170kph though)

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have now put 1500 kms on these tires. First impression is that they are a HUGE upgrade over the OEM Dunlops my bike came with. Sweet wet handling (great for Atlantic Canada), and they heat up to proper operating temperature quickly in dry weather too. They have awesome grip when going through the twisties, and seem like they'll hold up well for the longer touring. My only complaint is that they sound louder than stock (ie. like a knobby tire, but not quite as bad).

Overall, outstanding tire!

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a set of these fitted this afternoon. 284 euros fitted and balanced, it's probably not the best price but I needed them asap. My stock BT020s had had it. I got 15000km out of them though so not bad.

The very short ride home from getting them fitted and I was amazed at the difference! They tip in so nicely, and are way more comfortable! Once they've scrubbed in a bit I'll look forward to pushing them a little more.

Speedo007

Reaction score
Visit site
P1000651.jpg

P1000650-.jpg

Had to start my bike on compression this morning. After failing to start in 1st (too much compression, wheel locks up). I checked the tire to see if there was dirt on it preventing it from sticking to the asphalt properly (before I tried starting it in 2nd gear and then that worked).

The guy that just sold me the bike was quite lucky the tire held together at high speeds with this cut in it, it's even worse in person then it looks in pictures.

Anyways, I ordered a set of Michelin Road 2. Had them on my Speed Triple and loved them, very sticky and long lasting. A Metzeller sportec M3 would last about 4000km on my Speed Triple (and no, no burnouts) and the Michelin would last like 8000km easy and still some left. And the grip is awesome in all conditions.

Last edited:

Flyboylance

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my first post, I just joined the forum today. I just got my bike about 2 weeks ago and have been trying to decide which tire to put on it. It seems like everyone really likes their PR2's. I haven't see too much about the PR3's on here, but their website says that they will last longer. I just want to the get the best tires for my bike.. You know?:D

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have about 10,000 miles on the front PR2 and it still looks new.

The back tire was a PR2 but is now a PR3 due to picking up crap in the roadway, ie: key and a nail, kicked up from the front tire...

I'm used to the larger FJR eating Bridgstones at 5,000 miles (if you were lucky). Its really a treat, getting such mileage out of a tire.

My local tire guy doesn't see me much anymore...:( :Sport:

Last edited: