Nvr understood Rep Pwr ....

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
I know I'm a little "special". Thats what my mom always told me:D but I can't figure this out to save my life:
What is/was Rep Power and what is it used for? I may be a little late asking this question since it seems to have gone away and was replaced by green and orange bars that measure who knows what....

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
vBExperience is an advanced level and activity system. It will calculate an activity and experience score for every user based on their activites on the forum. Now your users will see how their level is increasing by participating on your forum.

Communities are not only defined by post count, they need much more parameters: Are the postings the user creates helpful? Are his threads frequently read? Does the user participate on the community by posting pictures, attachments, leaving visitor messages, tagging threads?

There are mainly four things visible for the users: The users score, his level, his next level up in % and his activity in %.

Calculation of the score
Taken into calculation are these things:
Threads
- Created threads
- Thread views of own threads
- Thread replies of own threads
- Thread votes of own threads
- Thread tags (vBulletin 3.7)
- Replies to own threads
- Sticky threads

- Views on attachments

User
- Days since registration
- Referrals
- Received infractions
- Reputation / Use of reputation system
- Visitor messages on profiles (vBulletin 3.7)
- Members of own social groups (vBulletin 3.7)
- Albumpictures (vBulletin 3.7)
- Friends (vBulletin 3.7)

Misc
Additionally there is support for 3rd party addons:
- Post Thank You / Use of Post Thank You
- LDM Links and Downloads Manager
- DownloadsII
- PhotoPost Gallery
- Cyb Paypal Donate
- vBulletin Blog
- Who Downloaded This Attachment?

http://www.600riders.com/forum/xperience.php

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is reputation?

What is reputation?
Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
Reputation may be positive
reputation_pos.gif
, negative
reputation_neg.gif
or neutral
reputation_balance.gif
. Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.
How do I give reputation?
To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
How do I know what reputation I have received?
You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

mabbott

Reaction score
Visit site
This is an excellent "sticky" I had always wondered about rep points and who gives them or what. I know that I have quickly become addicted to this site and my work will never forgive me!

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh... thanks for clearing that up, I understand a lot better. How about the credit system? What can I buy with them? How do I earn them besides gambling?