Nice weather in Ohio...

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
Since the weather was so nice today, I took the day off to go for a ride. I took 77S to 250 and cruised 800, 22, 250, 151, 164, 39 and 212 back to 77. 270 miles in 6 hours start to finish. An hour of that was break/food/gas etc. I was pretty surprised with the pace I kept. 164 is a fun road, that's for sure. Good condition to except for two consecutive corners with gravel which caused my back wheel to get loose even though I let off the gas and straightened the bike up. Other than that it was a great ride. Definitely made me realize that the stock seat w/ a pro-pad just is not enough for 200+ mile rides. My ass is quite sore. Managed to get some pictures along the way too:

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
I know, right?!

Alot of that has been in colder weather though. I made sure before I bought the bike to get warm clothes/gear etc.

As you can see in the pictures, I have a set of PowerMadd Handguards to keep the wind off of my hands, which seems to be the hardest part to deal with in the cold weather. Paired with my Cortech winter gauntlets, I can ride in the 30's fairly comfortably. It's mostly a matter of finding dry weather in the ever cloudy Ohio.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're really gonna be hardcore about it....look into heated gear! My husband has it & loves it....we are in Colorado. So it might be worth it for winters in Ohio!

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on getting some heated grips in the fall. Don't think I'll need heated gear other than gloves, but good suggestion! My Dad is a HD guy and has a full set haha.

Anarchy

Reaction score
Visit site
I was finally able to get my bike from storage in Columbus to Athens last sunday and it's done nothing but rain all week down here:(

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
Today was a beautiful day in OHIO!!! I went out for a two hour ride. It was great. The miles you've put on in 37 days is really good. I don't think I've put 300 miles yet this year. The seat is definitely useless on long rides. Initially I thought maybe it would be like a baseball glove... ya know break it in. The only thing that got broke was my butt. I haven't upgraded yet, have to wait until after the wedding.
On a side note. My folks live up in Norwalk and I normally make a few trips over the summer up north. Next time I go up, maybe we could meet up or anyone else out there in Ohio. Of if you're around Dayton let me know.
Cheers

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
Doubt I'll be anywhere near Dayton but if you are going to find yourself up north feel free to shoot me a PM.

rdsrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got out the last 2 days,rode to work on Sat. went to a fundraiser for a fellow cyclist,got about 2 more hours in Sat. Today did about 3 1/2 hours before rain came. This has been a long cold wet spring in Ohio for sure! Now the forecast is more rain and cold.:(