My XJR 1300 Mods

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I better update on how I,m going with my XJR.
Firstly, I kept my speedo healer and gear indicator off my FZ6 as the XJR uses the same loom.
Installed the healer and hid the box under the right side cover.

Installed the gear indicator between the gauges, perfect spot for it, but hard to install there as the wires come out the bottom of the unit, so I removed the headlight and gauge pods , cut a slot to slide the wires into and glued the display down. I,m very happy with the result :thumbup:
picture.php

then I installed a projecta battery tender and ran the wires to just under the tail piece and cable tied to the frame.
picture.php

Then time for some luggage, I was going to use a ventura rack and fit a Shad box to it, but ventura now have an all in one kit that worked out a lot cheaper, though the box is smaller, I will see how it goes and may install a larger box in the future.
picture.php

Then my alarm was installed and seems to work well.

Thats all for now, but far from the end :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work Mick :thumbup: I have been toying with the idea of a GIVI box for mine lately & I think I may just have to pull the trigger :)

Just out of curiosity, how far do you think your speedo was out ?? I have never used a speedo healer but regularly put mine against my GPS & find that it is generally pretty good & by that I find that it is actually less than 4% (in my favour) @100kph :D

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
5% is pretty normal I think mate, I just like to know exactly how far over the speed limit I am :)
Besides , I had the one off my 6 anyways, so might as well use it.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed a screen today, just a cheapy off ebay.
Not sure if I like the brackets it came with, might make some more subtle ones perhaps.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good Mick. They don't have that bike here in the US which is a shame. Beautifully done bike!
Daniel's is the first I remember seeing. :)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And 5 years on she is still serving me well :D.... I know this coz I made my final repayment last month :cheer: :cheer: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yep, Mike still loves his XJR. Hasn't missed a beat. He looked at replacing it a year or so ago - but he was only looking at NEW XJR's LOL

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, Mike still loves his XJR. Hasn't missed a beat. He looked at replacing it a year or so ago - but he was only looking at NEW XJR's LOL

LOL... I actually went for a stroll through TopGun Yamaha on Saturday morning & was filling the nostrils with that new bike smell ;)..

Of all the newness on the floor I found myself trying a new XJR on for size. Just in case it felt a little different Blah Blah.. Didn't pull the trigger but I was ohh so tempted, especially with the new XJR logo'd Akra zhorst they have available :)