Moving to New Braunfels

mike_v

Reaction score
Visit site
Decided to leave the cold winters behind and move to Texas. My new job starts June 1st in New Braunfels. A lot of things still need to be figured out, like where to live (anyone need a roommate), but we are excited. I'll have about 3 months to explore the area before my wife and son come down, so any suggested riding areas?

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to Texas. In new Braunfels you are close to some of the best riding in Texas (Google Twisted Sisters). There is also another forum called TWTEX.com (Two Wheeled Texans) which organize monthly "pie runs" throughout the state that let you go eat lunch, have some pie and look see a wide variety of bikes. Unlike most forums they don;t give a hoot what you ride!!

I go by the name Scottie on TWT.

See you around

mike_v

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone been to Harris hill track or have a membership? I'd like to do more track days, I've done 4 and am still a track newb.

mike_v

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to Texas. In new Braunfels you are close to some of the best riding in Texas (Google Twisted Sisters). There is also another forum called TWTEX.com (Two Wheeled Texans) which organize monthly "pie runs" throughout the state that let you go eat lunch, have some pie and look see a wide variety of bikes. Unlike most forums they don;t give a hoot what you ride!!

I go by the name Scottie on TWT.

See you around

Thank you, I'll make sure to check that forum out.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Decided to leave the cold winters behind and move to Texas. My new job starts June 1st in New Braunfels. A lot of things still need to be figured out, like where to live (anyone need a roommate), but we are excited. I'll have about 3 months to explore the area before my wife and son come down, so any suggested riding areas?

Can't say I blame you for leaving the cold. Best of luck to you and your family!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone been to Harris hill track or have a membership? I'd like to do more track days, I've done 4 and am still a track newb.
It's a fun little track. It can be bumpy, but it's fun. You'll enjoy Santa Maria. They have a new garage going up, and have a nice drivers lounge.

mike_v

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally somewhat settled in. I've road around canyon lake area and out toward Leakey. Very fun roads in the Leakey area. I didn't ride the sisters yet but it's on my list. Went to Lonestar motorcycle museum last weekend and they have tons of cool old bikes. Highly recommend.

mike_v

Reaction score
Visit site
I just moved here but from what people have told me at work it's been a drought for the past 7 years. A lot of the roads I've ridden down have had bit of water on them in the low areas.

On thing I do know is the riding is way better than the flat corn fields of Illinois

symtex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mike, I'm in Selma about 20 minutes from you. I've lived here most of my life. We have been in a severe drought for a long time, this rain sucks but is much needed and appreciated. Ping me sometime and we can ride.

mike_v

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mike, I'm in Selma about 20 minutes from you. I've lived here most of my life. We have been in a severe drought for a long time, this rain sucks but is much needed and appreciated. Ping me sometime and we can ride.

Any good roads you can recommend? I'm pretty open on the weekends till September.

mike_v

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone interested in going for a ride tomorrow morning. I bought a house in bulverde by Smithson valley high school and would like to start somewhat near there