Mod & Maintenance Help near Boston

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
Would anyone be up to helping me do a TB sync and/or dual headlight mod near Boston? Would be willing to pay for your time or I can throw some beer in my topcase or both? I don't mind if you're a little far away.

Yes, I understand I could probably do this all myself but I'd just rather not.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you feel like venturing out to NJ, I'll help you out and you can use my carbtune for the sync (it's a haul, I know)

Fazer'd

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Manchester, built my own manometer to do TB sync's on my FZ6 when I had it. Today I did it on my FZ8 SSSI yeah I could help sometime. I don't drink beer though so you can keep it for yourself☺

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
how soon do you want/need this done? I could help you out with the TB sync, haven't done the lights, so will stay away from it for now. I work in Boston, but with a new baby, doesn't give me much free time. I do work some Saturdays so we could do it than. Let me know your thoughts and we can get in touch

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just want to say thanks to 7UPyours for the TB sync! My FZ6 purrs wonderfully with noticeably less vibes! Was great meeting you and chatting for a bit! thanks again!!!

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
anytime, it was nice meeting you too and the sync tool is always here to be used, maybe we can both find someone local that wants to give a hand doing the headlight mod

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Mike, here's a post about how the previous owner of my bike did a cheap and quick version of the dual headlight mod. It works the exact same as the ones other members have for sale here, just taps into the green wire at the handlebar, rather than plugging in to the green wire at the connector, then running wire back to the front of the bike.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/showpost.php?p=550729&postcount=11

edit- stupid 600riders links arent working right.
Here's my mine was done by the previous owner. Couple feet of black wire spliced into the green wire, ran down the left fork tube, then around the front cowling and crimped to a terminal stuck into the headlight socket. Like I said, it's pretty crude, but works well enough that I haven't bothered to clean it up yet.

9407553369_5940e95aab_o.jpg

9407553303_a88626c582_o.jpg

9407553237_26e5ede1a8_o.jpg

9407553143_a47a8f6955_o.jpg

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just found out BD43 has made a wiring harness for a simple plug and play dual headlight mod! I think he only has limited quantities tho. I just sent payment!

Martin - you should do the same!

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
I used the bd43 "plug and play" mod. Super easy. So easy i barely remember even doing it. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

wdevine

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, new guy here in Southeast MA. Just want to say I picked up a manometer to sync my TBs after unsuccessfully trying to do the homemade one. I also did the headlight mod (really easy). So if anyone would need any help with that stuff, I could help also.