looking about

Hoddie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody. I have my Mod 2 coming up soon, and am looking around at various bikes to step up to. The sv650 seems good but pricey and the faired fazer 6 seems pretty good, but was hoping you lot could help me out.

Whats the top speed of the fazer?
Can r6 clip-ons be put on, as I'm not keen on the riding position of the fazer?
How much would a post '04 fazer cost me in the uk?
Aaaand, where can a 33bhp restrictor kit be picked up from?

Thanks guys and girls.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I think i can answer most of your questions as i am also in UK and have done the whole restricter thing a couple of years ago.

Firstly a faried FZ6 can reach about 150-155mph ( give or take a couple of % due to speedo calibration )

The handle bars are different to the R6. I have seen clip ons with a FZ6, but i think they interfear with the tank, hopefully someone else who has seen this will chime in. But dont be fooled. i was once younger and wanted a R6, i got an FZ6 and tried to convert it as much as possible, after owning a R6 last year, i am now riding a FZ6 again for a reason, so dont be fooled by the power and the sytle, the FZ6 is a superb bike and if reden correctly can ride rings around a R6 who is not so sure.

I recently got mine for about £3000 but that is the naked version. I did see some faired versions for about the same money.

I got my restriction kit fitted by a dealer. cost me about £250 and this was about 4 years ago now

Where in the UK you from?

Sorry for the long response, hope i was able to answer your questions

Thanks

Hoddie

Reaction score
Visit site
Midlands. Looking for a faired version. Thanks for the swift reply. I don't wanna convert it into an r6, yet I'm not keen on the semi-naked look of the Fazer, Sv650 etc. So would fit fairings for looks, for weather protection, as I use the bike all year round and cause I live out in the sticks aha, so can't be doing with scrubbing kak outta the nooks and crannies every weekend.

I have an NSR 125 streetfighter at the minute and am sticking the original clip ons as I don't like sitting upright-too leisurely for an 18 year old! ahaha! A mechanic-friend of mine said he could sort it out so that R6 clip ons could work, providing that the fork diameter's the same-are they?

So an '04 would cost 3k? Better start saving aha

And £250 for a little plate and certificat?!!!!!