Learnt some valuable lessons about tyres today

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW7-RdiS7hI]Oulton Park low side - YouTube[/ame]

:rolleyes:

Managed to fall off 2 sessions in a row, this one cancelled the day though as I snapped my rearset off the frame

Lost the front end in this video as I was going around the chicane. Probably either lack of talent or cold tyres (definitely lack of talent)

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to see you down Greg. I'm not a track rider but it looks like it can't be your fault, something about the road conditions or tires. Was the ground too slippery and wet?

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I think tyres probably weren't warm enough, and somebody pointed out I was accelerating as I was turning in which probably didn't help.

I'm fine, bike snapped a frame mount for the rear sets, so I will need fix that. Leathers and gloves are a bit muddy now.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank goodness for smooth dismount! Glad your OK!

I guess I'm out of the loop, what bike are you on there? Get'er fixed up and get back out there! Be safe Man!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer! Do you remember what pressure you were running on the front? Was this early in the day (first few laps? Cold temps?)

Glad you didn't get hurt! :thumbup:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer! Do you remember what pressure you were running on the front? Was this early in the day (first few laps? Cold temps?)

Glad you didn't get hurt! :thumbup:

Think I was running about 29 or 30 cold, tbh I probably should have paid a bit more attention to them.

The rear looked to be wearing beautifully, but pressures might have been a bit off in the front.

This was the 3rd session, 2nd lap. I'd come off in the session before so was trying to take it easy in this one, we'd also spent a long time waiting to get on track so tyres probably cooled down.

That said it's probably down to my poor riding style, if I'd been a bit more cautious with my lean angles and acceleration I may have been ok.