In the news ...

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
In the news ... (cost of MC accidents, E15)

GAO report to Congress on the cost of motorcycle accidents. May have some influence on federal funding for MC safety concerns and helmet laws.

GAO Says Motorcycle Crashes Cost $16 Billion - Motorcycle USA

AAA lobbies to halt the sale of E15, fuel with 15% ethanol. "less than a dozen gas stations nationwide are selling E15 fuel" and it's not approved for motorcycle use, but still something to keep an eye on.

AAA, E15 - baltimoresun.com

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: In the news ... (cost of MC accidents, E15)

GAO report to Congress on the cost of motorcycle accidents. May have some influence on federal funding for MC safety concerns and helmet laws.

GAO Says Motorcycle Crashes Cost $16 Billion - Motorcycle USA

I just wish they would allow filtering at stop lights. I see no reason if traffic is stopped to not be able to just filter up. If there is an accident it would be low speed, less than 5-10 mph and damage minimal. My friend Jordan was just killed while sitting at a redlight, some bimbo texting tagged him from behind and whipped him off his bike, hit is head and he was pronounced brain dead arriving at the hospital. We think he had his helmet (scorpion exo-900) on because when visiting in the hospital he didn't have any bandages on his head. It's called a coup-conter-coup injury. Basically the surface that the brain strikes gets bruised and then the opposite side of the brain gets bruised as the rebound of brain matter sloshing about pushes the brain back. I think it's something like 5% of motorcycle accidents are being struck at redlights and result in like 33% of the fatalaties.

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
that document has some nice figures to show all those people saying "if i don't wear my gear it's my own life and it's a mather between me and my insurance". Well, it's not ... Out of respect for the taxpayers who provide this money, society (eg. the gouvernment) it allowed to force on some rules like mandatory helmets in my book.