Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning a ride to the Mad Max Museum when I get my bike back (hopefully the trip will be in the next month or so)

Trying to organise it with a few mates from work - ride to Silverton, NSW - see the museum, then back to Broken Hill for the night (planning to stay in an onsite caravan) then ride back to Adelaide the next morning.

~540kms each way.

Due to one mate riding an R1, with a limited range, current fuel stops as planned:

North Adelaide to BP Terowie (95 RON) - 221kms (open betwen 0700 - 2100)
BP Terowie to BP Yunta (98RON) - 94kms (open 24hrs)
BP Yunta to BP Broken Hill (98RON) - 196kms (open 0700-1800 weekdays/0700-1600 weekends)

Broken Hill to Silverton return - 54kms

Leave Broken Hill the next day and ride home.

Speed limits will be observed, so if you've never been there, or want a decent ride/overnight stay in Broken Hill, then this could be the ride for you.

As most of us are shift-workers, this wont necessarily happen on a weekend, but the R1 rider is a Mon-Fri worker, so if he can come, it will be the weekend (or long weekend)

Dates are open, at this stage, so will advise availability when more is know - but as said, I'd like to do this within the next month or so.

Everyone that may be interested is more than welcome!

Cheers,
Rick