Help with 2004 fz6 headlight

Tylercriss502

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all fairly new to the site thanks to this site i got my fz6 running with a 56$ relay. Anyways my question is does anyone have any insight on witing an acrebis cyclops headlight to my 04 fz6? I have the original headlight harness from the fz6 and the harness to the cylops headlight kit looks like its been hacked into just looking for some insight. Thanks in advance, tylercriss502.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at the back of the plug where the wires enter.
Left, black wire (Ground) Center Low beam and right high beam (black with a yellow tracer) The bd43 wire will go where the low beam wire is suppose to be.

The color codes on the following diagram are not the same for the FZ6 except for the black ground but the call out for the pin are correct.
The black ground wire provide the ground return for the high and low beam filament in the H4 lamp.
If you're converting a bike that was made for US market the low beam wire will carry current when the low beam is active. This is no good using a dual filament H4 type lamp and will cause it to overheat resulting in premature lamp failure as well as possible socket/ reflector damage. If you're using 2 separate lamps for high and low beam you won't need to worry about a headlamp mod. Your low beam will be a black with green tracer wire. Your high beam will be black with yellow tracer wire. Black is the ground.

bd43 (member on our forum) used to make a mod wire for the proper switching. You may be able to contact him for a kit. [MENTION=458]bd43[/MENTION]

Contact bd43 to see if he still makes the wire kit.
[MENTION=458]bd43[/MENTION]

socket_wiring_diagram.jpg