heavy clutch

johnmcc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, I have not had my bike long and I went for a ride of about 100 miles the other day. I didn't half feel it on my fingers. It felt like it was getting harder and harder to pull the clutch lever in. My other bikes, it was so easy and light. Is this the norm with the Fazer? is there anything I could try to make it easier / lighter to pull in? Thanks guys.

pmmcanon

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on Gary answer, it can go to moderate pressure when lubbed to a heavy near impossible press when runs out of lubrication. At this point when it's hard you should have a look at the inner plastic guide and check it's ok, if not change it.
KR

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As noted, lube to the cable usually takes care of it. It should not be that hard to pull.

If you have a bunch of miles on it, with no maintenance, the inner cable CAN come apart and bind up. You can usually "feel" this after disconnecting both ends and make sure it moves easily (even after lubing).

Mine was jamming up just slightly at about 25,000 miles (ends disconnected but NOT sliding easily)

After installing a new cable, this is my original (maintained after the previous owners 4,000 miles of NO maintenance):

Also, I believe it's the FZ07 LOWER/engine "lever" (that the clutch cable attaches to) is slightly longer than ours. Installing that will make the pull lighter and the "clutch zone" wider...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
MT07 clutch arm, longer, more leverage = easier pull. Direct fit. Seen lots of people doing it.

Just an FYI, I tried the longer arm and didn't care for it.

It did make the pull slightly easier but "quick shifting" (using the clutch) was a bit harder to do (as you have to pull longer for the same amount /distance of pull at the engine.)

Lastly, there is NO mark on the MT07 arm like the FZ so pay attention when swapping