fz6n 05 error code 34

okle001

Reaction score
Visit site
hello just after some information on this code. my bike runs fine until it gets hot, when i turn off and go to start again it sounds like im running on 3 cylinders, power is reduced significantly and will stall if i dont hold revs up. from what ive read 34 means the coil going to 2nd cylinder is faulty. is this correct? any input would help thankyou

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes that sounds like a coil failure. The code is thrown when the primary winding fails. Both #2 and #3 cylinders are fired by the same coil so you'll be missing both cylinders when there is a coil failure. Cylinders #1 and #4 are on the other coil. :) You are actually getting a code 34?

Always check your connections! The ECU is what fires the coils so also check the ECU connector.

Last edited:

Crashz28

Reaction score
Visit site
Check for corrosion in the spark plug boots also! My first FZ6 gave me some misfire issues I traced it down to 2 cylinders and pulled the boots cleaned the terminal and put some electrical grease in there and never had a issue!

If you tested the coil and its bad I have 2 good ones in perfect condition I could sell you!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It does sound like a thermally induced failure and I suspect it is on the primary side of the coil if the ECU is actually giving a #34 error code. I don't think the ECU will know if there's a secondary hi tension failure. Check connections...

okle001

Reaction score
Visit site
ok have just got my new coils and installed, started bike no problem ran bike for approximately 10-15mins turned off and problem remains. error code 34 and bike alomost stalling and running on 2 cyl. the strange thing if i start my bike cold i can ride as normal, as soon as i shut down and restart i have the problem

i have:

1. cleaned terminals & plugs
2. bought installed new spark plugs
3. installed brand new coils

error code 34 pointed me to the plugs/coils area coould it be something else

thanks

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Found the connecting dots and I have no clue how your engine ran w/ the coils conductor so badly damaged. Unless it snapped the rest of the way when the connector was unplugged.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/51893-fz6-2005-burnt-ecu-contact.html
52005d1391757914-fz6-2005-burnt-ecu-contact-tmp_2014-02-07-17.56.25-362057543.jpg

You might inspect where the ECM mates as the receptale is likely damaged. Just a guess.

hun7ter

Reaction score
Visit site
ok have just got my new coils and installed, started bike no problem ran bike for approximately 10-15mins turned off and problem remains. error code 34 and bike alomost stalling and running on 2 cyl. the strange thing if i start my bike cold i can ride as normal, as soon as i shut down and restart i have the problem

i have:

1. cleaned terminals & plugs
2. bought installed new spark plugs
3. installed brand new coils

error code 34 pointed me to the plugs/coils area coould it be something else

thanks

Mate what was your issue? Having the same problem, hoping is not the ecu now

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate what was your issue? Having the same problem, hoping is not the ecu now
Be aware that the issue Okle001 was having might NOT be the issue you are having. Most symptoms have MANY possible root causes. You have 1 easy and fairly conclusive test to perform. Swap the 2 coils and see if the problem moves. If it moves then it is the coil and if it doesn't move then it is the wiring / connectors / ecu.