FZ6 owners Meeting - May 2009

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Good day to all,

Can I propose an FZ6 meet, all members welcome, the first or second weekend in May of 2009? Good way to kick off the riding season (for some of us, others ride all year, I know). Maybe Fraser Valley area so Interior or Okanagan riders don't have to come all the way into town?

Thoughts?

MarkyG57

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

I'd like to say I'd come over, but at the risk of annoying the bank manager (again :rolleyes:) would you count me as having already been to your planned meet @ say Kamloops and travelled the Frazer Valley as an advanced guard in Sept 08?

Have a great time in 09.

Regards

Mark:rockon:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on which weekend. The weekend before or after the long weekend probably wont work for me.

jimbop

Reaction score
Visit site
The weekend before the long weekend. How about Vancouver to Pemberton for lunch and then back if the weather is good. I rode up to Sqaumish yesterday and the highway is getting very close to being mostly done. So by May things should be good. You have to love having a twisty,:Flash: divided (safe) two lane road to ride.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Well of course you'll be at the back of the pack....you know how ferocious those liter-bike slayer R6 motors can be, even if they are a bit detuned in the FZ6. :D

FZ6Hot

FZ6Hot
Reaction score
Visit site
Has a specific date been set? As far as I know parts of the Duffy Lake road are still crap. Lots of options for long rides - Vancouver to Manning Park To Princeton to Merritt to Ashcroft and then the Fraser Canyon back to Vancouver. That would be one of the shorter routes.

rodb

junior, well, hardly ...
Reaction score
Visit site
lost my fz6 on march 6 - tucked it rather neatly underneath the rear of a car on the lougheed highway. i complained, but icbc totalled it! still paying off the rest of my loan, but will soon be back on the road (not likely with another fz6, since yamaha refused to give me any credit whatsoever on my 4-year extended warranty at 9 months with no claims whatsoever). on my last telephone conversation, getting the same diatribe, i told them i would just go buy a suzuki, ( or a honda, or anything but yamaha ...)

enjoy your ride

rodb (surrey, ex-2006 yamaha fz6)