Front brake switch

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I needed to replace the front brake switch after doing a test with a jump wire it was determined the original one is not completing the circuit when pulling the lever and actuating the switch.

So I ordered and received a replacement from boats.net. I ordered off of the right parts schematic.

What arrived looks nothing like the original. this doesn't look like the plunger is going to line up and be useable!

Anyone been down this path? able to get this switch to work or is it just wrong?

Thanks
Tom

Attachments

• 20170719_104730.jpg
    20170719_104730.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 45

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure you have the right year? Your 2006 FZ6is S-1 version and this should be the correct part number Yamaha 4HM-83980-00-00 - Front Stop Switch Assy : Ron Ayers

You have 3YX=82917-01 you should have 4HM-83980=00=00

I just checked and both S1 and S2 FZ6 use the same part number so your part may be for a different bike altogether.

Last edited:

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a replacement switch I ordered off Ebay after the original died on me, it lasted maybe 6 months before it died too and I immediately ordered a new one. When the new one arrived I opened the first one from Ebay to find it's just a couple of metal bits and a spring which was a bit of a let down considering how much the thing costs.

Attachments

• IMG_20170719_210004.jpg
    IMG_20170719_210004.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 38

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked it several times - I think the parts schematic is just wrong. those Dicks at boats.net gave me a run around and asked me to write an email.. blah blah.. wasted an hour of my time today and still refused to refund me for the shipping. first time ever I had a problem ordering parts for my FZ6 when using the parts schematic

Edit: thanks all for the responses. I will order the correct part #

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I checked it several times - I think the parts schematic is just wrong. those Dicks at boats.net gave me a run around and asked me to write an email.. blah blah.. wasted an hour of my time today and still refused to refund me for the shipping. first time ever I had a problem ordering parts for my FZ6 when using the parts schematic

I just sent back a $360 belt tensioner to Boats.net (for my Yamaha 150 HP, OB engine). I called and had to send an e-mail
with a pic of the part. They responded quickly, got the ok. I should see a new one in a couple of days (got a UPS return label).

The tensioner came apart while installing it, (a combination of an internal spring, hydraulics's and bearings)

If they sent the wrong part, they should be picking up the shipping.

This is the e-mail address for the supervisor of boats.net (same company as Partzilla): [email protected]

I ordered on-line as well, thru the parts fisch and also ordered a ft brake pad pin for the bike too....(at least I got that done)

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Scott - thanks yes that is the address they gave and told me Jeff was the manager. I never heard from them then they sent an RMA with the cost only of the part. It's really annoying but I just want to get the thing replaced and don't have time for any nonsense

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I "spoke" with Chris Powell, and he was right on top of it...

Anyway, wish my part costs as much as yours!! Toys- gotta have em..

You'll be back together soon, hopefully my OB too!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
for sure it will work out. usually does. it's just that work is such a cluster right now.. didn't need added aggravation today.

I can still ride it making sure to use the rear brake as well as the front to light the brake light.. no biggie

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE: Full Refund. weird uneven customer service! no email or phone call just a full credit to my paypal account. I had just mailed back the switch to them this morning. I was only expecting to get a credit for the part but they paid back the shipping charge.