fazer 600 limited for a2 diploma

myelena

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! I'm new to this forum. I owe the a2 lisence that gives me the chance to ride a bike that is limited to 35 kw, and I can't get for one more year the A lisence, so Iguess I'm stuck.There are a few motorcycles that I could ride at this point, but the thing is I read that fzs600 can be limited for a2, and the fact is i really prefer this one. Is it true? And if it is, the problem is that I can' t find any that is limited in any advert. So, if anyone could give some help where to look I'd really appreciate it. Thanx in advance.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum Myelena :thumbup:

It's true the FZ6 can be restricted, It's not a topic that comes up that often here but generally the question is "how do I derestrict my limited FZ6". Here's a thread to show you the difference: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-performance-mods-section/46722-fz6-s-fazer-78-hp-98-hp-re-set.html?highlight=restrict

Basically the FZ6 produces most of it's power in the higher revs so if they are restricted so is your power. I don't know how this is done in greece but we once had someone from the UK here who had to get her bike tested (after restricting it) to prove it was restricted as she required the certificate for her insurance and to register her bike (sorry can't find the thread at the moment)..

Good luck, let us know how you get on :thumbup:

myelena

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum Myelena :thumbup:

It's true the FZ6 can be restricted, It's not a topic that comes up that often here but generally the question is "how do I derestrict my limited FZ6". Here's a thread to show you the difference: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-performance-mods-section/46722-fz6-s-fazer-78-hp-98-hp-re-set.html?highlight=restrict

Basically the FZ6 produces most of it's power in the higher revs so if they are restricted so is your power. I don't know how this is done in greece but we once had someone from the UK here who had to get her bike tested (after restricting it) to prove it was restricted as she required the certificate for her insurance and to register her bike (sorry can't find the thread at the moment)..

Good luck, let us know how you get on :thumbup:

the thing is that it needs to be verified by the constructor that it is restricted, I can't get the one i'll bye to a mechanic and ask him to lower the power. so as you can understand what i'm asking is where to look so i can find one that is already restricted, even somewhere in europe, no need to be in greece, so i can go and take it from there. the thing that the change of diplomas was not in use till 2013 only two years before makes it really difficult to find anything here anyway, so i don't really expect to find something near by. as for how to derestrict it, i asked yamaha in athens and they told me that what they do is to reduce the flow to the importer with a ''butterfly''. (sorry for my english on the technical terms, not that good!)

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Are the Greek restrictions the same as the UK ones? If so the FZS600 can't be ridden on an A2 licence. The new EU restrictions put the A2 at 35kw/47bhp AND the de-restricted bike cannot be more than double that. Which the Fazer is.

fate

Reaction score
Visit site
Are the Greek restrictions the same as the UK ones? If so the FZS600 can't be ridden on an A2 licence. The new EU restrictions put the A2 at 35kw/47bhp AND the de-restricted bike cannot be more than double that. Which the Fazer is.

You are correct EU restriction require that. The only exception is germany. (you can even restrict a r1 to 35kw)

There is a loophole though.

In the EU the FZ6 has two model codes starting in 2007. One with 78bhp and one with 98bhp.

if you can find a 78bhp version you can restrict it to 47bhp.

After your full A licence you can unrestrict it to 98 bhp. You need to get the papers accordingly though.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit late I know, here is the post about restricting the bike, but this was back in 2013 and I don't know if the rules changed since:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/47526-hello-everyone.html?highlight=kent
[MENTION=27195]myelena[/MENTION] the restriction of the butterflies are done by using the throttle stops shown by Scott (TownsendsFJR1300) in the above posts. I have never seen a restricted bike for sale around these parts so I wish you luck, and I think you can better buy an unrestricted bike, restrict it and get a certificate from your local dealer :thumbup:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
A bit late I know, here is the post about restricting the bike, but this was back in 2013 and I don't know if the rules changed since::

Just looking at that, it was at least her second bike (you said about her R6 previous), so she'd have been on the old licence: restricted to 33bhp for two years, can restrict any bike, licence automatically changes after two years.

Since January 2013, it's got a little more convoluted. Can only take A2 from 19. Restricted to 47bhp, unrestricted bike can't be more than double that, there's also a power to weight limit that I can't remember. Must retest after two years if you want to upgrade the license (and pay for it too!). Direct access for unrestricted licence only available at 24.

It's an absolute nightmare explaining to people who want to do their test, exactly what they need to do, and what they can ride.