Engine sound??

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, I guess its always been there since I got bike, quick question, when my bike is idling (fz6 2006) there is a very faint ringing very faint coming from the engine I think. I was just out on a ride there so thought I'd post this an see if anyone ever heard this from their bike. There is no probs with the bike it ticks over like a mouses heart. Im just wondering is this normal?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never heard of a "ringing sound" from the bike, more "ticking" than anything.

Is the noise mostly at idle, at higher RPMs, hot, cold, etc?

Can you post an audio /video of the bike / noise?

In any event, you may want to give the bike a good going over, checking torque on EVERY FASTENER you can get to...
"Tapping" the fairing (if equipped) and anything else with the a closed fist, using the base of you hand may duplicate the noise as well..

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never heard of a "ringing sound" from the bike, more "ticking" than anything.

Is the noise mostly at idle, at higher RPMs, hot, cold, etc?

Can you post an audio /video of the bike / noise?

In any event, you may want to give the bike a good going over, checking torque on EVERY FASTENER you can get to...
"Tapping" the fairing (if equipped) and anything else with the a closed fist, using the base of you hand may duplicate the noise as well..

Thanks for your reply Townsend, I can't hear it while driving, helmet etc.. so I hear it when its idling, hot or cold I'm sure its nothing really just a normal engine sound "like a high pitched whining but VERY faint, it didn't come out on a recording. I'll ask my mechanic when I'm getting new brake pads next week.

Rlpierce04

Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased an 06 today and I noticed a whistling/whine sound when I test rode it. When I asked about it, they had a mechanic take a look and he stated that it is the fuel pump. A quick google of this confirmed what he said. I suspect you might be hearing the same thing.