Easter Iowa riders?

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, looks like I'm moving away from the 2-wheel promised land of California this summer and into flatlandia.

Any of you fine upstanding folks live in the area and can help me find the local scene and any decent roads nearby? I'm going to miss my twisties.

Will be living in either Iowa City or Davenport, probably.

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, looks like I'm moving away from the 2-wheel promised land of California this summer and into flatlandia.

Any of you fine upstanding folks live in the area and can help me find the local scene and any decent roads nearby? I'm going to miss my twisties.

Will be living in either Iowa City or Davenport, probably.

Former Iowa City resident here. Lived there for 2 years. Lived in Cali before that. You're headed for a definite downgrade in twisties unfortunately. No lane splitting either so that sucks, but at least much less traffic. Good news is that the bike scene is still pretty massive out there. Lots of sport bikes. Just a ton a straight roads unfortunately. Iowa City is actually fairly hilly so there's that. Don't mean to be a downer just want to give you heads up.

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Former Iowa City resident here. Lived there for 2 years. Lived in Cali before that. You're headed for a definite downgrade in twisties unfortunately. No lane splitting either so that sucks, but at least much less traffic. Good news is that the bike scene is still pretty massive out there. Lots of sport bikes. Just a ton a straight roads unfortunately. Iowa City is actually fairly hilly so there's that. Don't mean to be a downer just want to give you heads up.

Pretty much as expected. I thought I was going to be super pissed about no lane splitting, but there is so little traffic that I'm not sure it's going to be that big a deal.

Any roads worth a damn within an hour or two?

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty much as expected. I thought I was going to be super pissed about no lane splitting, but there is so little traffic that I'm not sure it's going to be that big a deal.

Any roads worth a damn within an hour or two?

Not that I know of but might be some tracks. Only had a Ninja 250 while I was there and was a student so didn't have a whole lotta time for that stuff.