dry chain lube

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody used this? Is it any good? I've got a can of it in my garage that I never got around to using.

I'm going to be fitting a new chain and sprockets to my bike, so I thought I might try it.

Should I stick to regular lube and my scottoiler?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody used this? Is it any good? I've got a can of it in my garage that I never got around to using.

I'm going to be fitting a new chain and sprockets to my bike, so I thought I might try it.

Isn't it a bit damp over there often?? If so, or even partly so, I'd stick with petrol based products just so it doesn't rust. I'm sure it has rust inhibiter's in it, but I just don't see that for the long hall. . . Maybe clean your old chain real good and try it for a while???

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
my old chain is knackered, i can feel a kink in it as I ride, and I had to adjust the slack by a full turn at the weekend

Daniel_Aus

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube for a while for something that would not fling onto my rear wheel. Although it was great in that regard, I didn't like it - despite what the blurb says, it DID attract dirt and debris and it gave the bike noticeably worse performance than the Motul regular road or Factory line lube I use mostly.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I've no experience with dry lube so I can't help you there, but a mate of mine swears by his scott oiler, and he rides all year round. I've even toyed with the idea myself.

I'll be getting a new chain set at the weekend as well, although I clean the chain every now and then it's just too far gone too make any difference at the moment.